"Map file too big. Please choose a different map." --- QUESTION!!

V

Vagyric

Okay.. I went overboard with the custom models. In all there was 170 model/files in my import manager. So when I try to make my game it says "Map file too big. Please choose a different map."

I skimmed my models down to 106 (6,744 KB) - so my question is, how many more do I have to delete before I can actually play my map? Or what size does it have to be?

Thanks..

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
4mb. (1 or 4... can't remember). But still, if it is that large, no one will have the patience to download it.

V

Vagyric

MB? Erm, KB? Err... I'm confused, I never was good with the bytes stuff =(
How many KB? Btw, it's meant to be a private map between me and my friends, so download time wont really be a problem..

V

Vagyric

Thanks, but.. You're confusing me!! Whats the difference between MB and KB?
And I mean when I said 6,744 KB is only the size of the Import Manager. Hope you can still help :(

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Byte --> Kilobyte (1024 bytes) --> Megabyte (1,048,576 bytes, ~1024 kilobytes)

6,744 kilobytes is over the ~4096 kilobyte limit.

V

Vagyric

Whoah... You're a whiz. Well, Uhmm.. So that means the limit is around 4096, and I have to delete shit to get it below that. Correct? 4096 KB*

Wait, is that 4096 limit for the entire map or only for my import manager? If its the entire map, how do I check the size?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
entire map. Check the file size in Windows Explorer... :shades:

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
This size limit includes all Object data (stuff you changed in the Object Editor), triggers (wouldn't worry about this much) and all Imported objects (Import Manager).
To check the size you have to save the map, then check the file properties to see how big it is. You can also use an optimizer to compress data and try to reduce map size.

Vexorian's Optimizer

Edit: Damn you basden!

V

Vagyric

=D Thanks alot, I think I get it now.. so the 4096 KB limit is the entire map, err, the stuff that you mentioned. Thanks =DD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.