Map Protection

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I don't know where to look. Could someone point me out to a good one that is commonly used?

cryowraith

Reaction score
Just to let you know that warcraft maps can hardly be protected. Even if they cannot be opened by editors there are still other ways to extract the data inside the map. However 1 benefit of optimizing the map is the reduced size for quicker download. So don't put too much hope on having your map "locked" or "protected".

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
They are just programs that you save to your computer. I would say the best two are Widgetizer and Vex's Map Optimizer. These are both programs you will use once you are done with your map, not during map making. Use widgetizer first - it converts files to a more friendly format for WC3 and can cut loading time in half or more. Then use the output of that program in the optimizer. To make the map unable to be opened it editor (protected), make sure you check the box that says "Remove as much WE-only data as possible".

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Between the two programs you can import a empty document and use the full path: war3map.wtg, its make the map unable to open in world editor so don't make the full path in the original map, always make a copy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.