Memory Compability

shadowcon

Reaction score
Hey

I've been using this for a long time on this mobo. I intend to replace it as i need more memory, will this be compatible? I couldn't find it in the compability list as it probably is too new for that old shitty list. Any help is appreciated :)

/S

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
from the motherboard page

# Support for DDR3 2200/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules

your current memory: 1066 ddr3
your potential replacement memory: 1333 ddr3

they are both compatible, and you don't even need to replace it, it may be more beneficial to keep both of them in the system at the same time (so you have 6gb of ram instead of 4)

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure you can't have two sets of memory with different timings or frequencies... correct me if I'm wrong here.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure you can't have two sets of memory with different timings or frequencies... correct me if I'm wrong here.

you can, the faster one will slow down to the speed of the slower one automatically (and most of the time this is what you want, since a higher capacity > timings unless the difference between the timings/speed is huge, and the capacity difference is marginal)

what you can't have is cross-generation memory (like ddr2 and ddr3 at the same time)

and in this case, the slower one has tighter timings, speed and timings are almost inversely related, so I would expect him to be able to match the timings of the slower ram as well

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.