WIP Mortal kombat hero arena, Looking for help.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Mortal Kombat Fight!

Hello,
im currently working on a project called Mortal Kombat Fight. Its somewhat a hero arena, but im using the map "anime fight" as a template for terrain, and game-play.

Map Info:
-There are two teams; East and West. Max Players is 12
-All abilities will most custom made. About 70%+ will be triggered
-Will Have modes: east versus west, and free for all
-Duel modes will include 1v1, 2v2, elimination, and full house
-Revolutionary :p "arrow key combo" game-play, if selected by the host, will require players to enter a combination arrow keys in order to use abilities
-will have 30+ selectable heros, each with 4 abilities.
-Fatalities are still being considered
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some things i would like feedback on:
-what do you think of the optional "arrow key combo" gameplay style? good idea/bad idea?
-should missle abilties (like sub-zero's freeze ball) be homing? or not homing like mortal kombat has it? would that be too hard to hit targets? make the game harder and fun?XD
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres a demo map of one hero and the "key combo-required" abilities
tell me what you think of it.

Attachments

• Demo.w3x
    43.7 KB · Views: 168

Tythoid

Reaction score
Ill trigger for you ive already made a collection of triggers for a arena style map and im schooled in variables and mainly in GUI. Private message me if you want me to help ill work fast since i finished my last map.
Id consider myself good at triggers heres a link to a example of some triggers i made for a hero arena http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101156 other then that ive got a few decent maps so im sure i could take this on. I also know about protectors, optimisers, loading screens , minimap images and skinning.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
You're first post deals too much with recruiting people and doesn't give enough info on the project itself. You are going to fail at gaining peoples interest if you don't provide them with something inspirational that makes them want to work on your project, or even support it's development.

Bout the demo, the test abilities are pretty cool but the arrow key system needs some tweaking. The main thing you will need to do is to lock the camera to the players unit, as its visually annoying to move the camera while you enter your abilities. Also, I think the abilities should be auto selected and used once the key combo has been put in... otherwise you can just stock up your abilities before you head out to battle and fire them all off at once, instead of performing them like you would in a proper fighting game.

Other then that, nice idea... keep it up

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
o, okay, i'll completely edit my first post with allot more information.

yes, i know. i forgot to fix the camera from moving. but theres one problem; what the playere just wants to pan the camera over with the keys?
the only thing i can think of would be to give each hero a "enter code" ability then it would lock the camera and count the pressed arrow keys.
i'll edit the demo map tmrw.
about getting all your abilities ready, again, when i update demo map it'll be fixed..i forgot to add lots of stuff.

thanks for the comment.

*more descriptive first post*

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Uploaded new demo
fixed the camera from moving away
only one ability can be activated at a time by arrow keys now, and you'll have to use that ability in order to be able to activate another

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.