Need help finding a good AGP VideoCard.

Grommo

Reaction score
Hey guys!!
I know that AGP is very outdated, that PCI-Express really rules the market now and all. But if I was to update to a PCI-E motherboard, i would have to replace everything, and I really don't have the money to buy an entirely new computer.

So, I wonder if anyone can help me find a good AGP graphics card that actually supports the newest games like Mass Effect, Assassains Creed, Age of Conan or the upcoming GTA IV. I play a lot of different games and until lately I've been able to manage with my Radeon X850 video card. But it only supports Shader Model 2.0b, and all the new games requires SM 3.0. My other computer specs are: 1792MB RAM DDR, Motherboard P4SD-LE and Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz single core. So, am I totally screwed or are there AGP cards that actually keeps up with the current game engines???

Thanks for any help provided :thup:

Grommo

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help KC, that card looks awesome ;). Im just not sure if its gonna fit on my motherboard.. Or does all AGP cards fit on any agp motherboard? Oh and if anyone else has an opinion, please feel free to post it!!

Grommo

Reaction score
My motherboard is an OEM, P4SD-LE. I have a Compaq brand computer. I looked it up and it said "Graphics accelerator: AGPx8 v1.5".. That does match with the suggested video card right? :)

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I wouldn't get an AGP Card, AGP is pretty outdated. Try upgrading your pc completely or buying a new one that will last longer instead and will be "future-safe".

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Well, the thing is AGP is still out there. ATIs 3850 AGP shows that. As long as he doesn't heavy game he'll be fine with that. I mean its better then going out and spenind 600+ for a good machine.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get an AGP Card, AGP is pretty outdated. Try upgrading your pc completely or buying a new one that will last longer instead and will be "future-safe".

"I know that AGP is very outdated, that PCI-Express really rules the market now and all. But if I was to update to a PCI-E motherboard, i would have to replace everything, and I really don't have the money to buy an entirely new computer. "

Doesn't seem like an option.

Grommo

Reaction score
As far as i've been able to research the HD 3850 card is pretty much the best one available for AGP, and if i buy a new card ill stick to it. But im thinking about saving money for a new computer, itll take some time tho xD hehe. Thanks for all the help =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.