new build not booting

shadowcon

Reaction score
Hi!

it's like this, I've built a new computer and it doesnt boot :(
Here are the parts that i used;
Mobo: Gigabyte - Socket 1156 - mATX Intel P55 (GA-P55M-UD2) - DDR3 / PCI-E / SATA
GPU: XFX RADEON HD4770 512MB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 2,66GHz / 8MB / Socket 1156 (Boxed)
RAM: DIMM DDR3 2GB 1066MHZ CL7
Case: ANTEC MIDITOWER THREE HUNDRED ATX BLACK
DVD: SAMSUNG DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 22X SATA BULK SVART
PSU: CORSAIR CX 400W NÄTDEL ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V
HDD: SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 250GB SATA/300 7200RPM 16MB
(the linked pages are in swedish)

All the fans start including gpu and cpu fans, some leds on the mobo also flash and then it just restarts the procedure until i turn off the psu
anyone who knows why?

(yes i was grounded when i built it)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Do you get the bios screen? I would assume nothing is wrong with your hardware since no beeping is heard.

The Power Supply seems a bit of a low voltage, did you check if you can run your rig with it? Try unplugging the graphics card and go for it again.

If you don't even get the bios screen, something is faulty with your MOBO, you should look into that ^^

shadowcon

Reaction score
I don't get the BIOS screen, no signal at all coming from the gpu... :(

Haven't checked the psu, but I had a friend who used a 400 watts corsair to a really really similar build so it should work. How to check it? it's my first build at all so i'm kinda new to this.

Thanks for the fast reply thou :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
any beeps(if you remove graphics card)? is the graphics getting power (6 pin connector)? have you tried with only 1 stick of ram?

also is the graphics card in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU? have you tried both ports on the graphics card?

the graphics card says 450 Watts Power Supply, but I think you should be fine with a corsair

shadowcon

Reaction score
no beeps at all, the GPU fan goes (starts at least) so i think that it have power
I only have 1 stick of ram atm

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
if you remove the graphics card, does it beep? also the graphics card needs a 6 pin connector from the PSU, does it have that plugged in? if you disconnect the hard drive/optical drive, does that change anything?

shadowcon

Reaction score
if you remove the graphics card, does it beep? also the graphics card needs a 6 pin connector from the PSU, does it have that plugged in?

It wasn't plugged in x) but know it is, now it started beeping before it restarts, beeps for like half a second and then restarts now
if you disconnect the hard drive/optical drive, does that change anything?

haven't checked it yet

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Did you plug in all your components? Plugged all the required power in to the motherboard 24 pin power connector? 8 pin CPU power connector?

Is your RAM installed correctly? Match colors, not pairs.

Is there power to your harddrives?

capturesao.jpg

shadowcon

Reaction score
it works now my dad came and fixd it, i had missed to plug in the 8 pin cpu power connector and the gpu 6 pin power connector

thanks for all help :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.