New to this

Jscooby

Reaction score
So I'm editing a very old map that hasn't been used in awhile and bringing it back with a little difference of my own.

First off, I changed the terrain in the map and some of the new terrain appears on the mini map and some of it doesn't. But when you scroll over it, actually looking on the big screen it is all there. How do I make it appear correctly on the mini map?

Also, there are txt that appear when the game starts, just floating I guess you could say. Where can I find and edit this txt?

And last how do I edit names of certain heros?

Thanks!

adeoin

Reaction score
well if this is a old map im guessing somewhere in the triggers he made a floating text appear. So you can delete that. You can change a hero's name in the boject editor. But for the terrain thing im not shure. srry :(

Jscooby

Reaction score
no it's not my map. but the last update on it was many years ago and the creator and his clan have not been seen

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
That's not the issue at hand; the floating writing can be fixed by going into the Trigger editor (or pressing F4) and finding the trigger with the "Game - Display Text" action and simply delete it.

As for the minimap, I've never heard of that problem before. Are you working with Reign of Chaos or Frozen Throne?

To change the names of Heroes, just go into the object editor (F6) and look on the respective unit's data sheet for "Text - Name" and simply change that. For Heroes, you might also want to change the number of proper names (the names they give individual heroes) and those names themselves.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Wtf gamd text and floating text are 2 diffrent things

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
The floating text in this context happens to be floating on the screen, right in front of your eyes. As in it is mysteriously in your way, and whenever you move the camera, it happens to stay where it is on the screen. Some would call that text created by the 'game - display text', and seeming as it is not attached to anything, it is floating.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
There is an action that creates floating text(WOW really) and another that creates game text(no way). Its under actions. In the trigger editor.

Jscooby

Reaction score
Alright so I was able to get the hero stuff done, thanks for that.

I'm on TFT. I could upload the map on epicwar and you can see for yourself about the minimap.

I'm confused on the floating txt...

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
Haha, wat we mean is the text displayed on the screen to give you information or watever. I was just feeling bitchy wen I posted.

The action is called 'game - display text', and it puts text up on the screen for you to read.

Floating text is text that floats over a fixed point in the game, and does not move with the camera.

Jscooby

Reaction score
Alright, so there is already this txt in the game that I want to remove/edit. It is the one where it follows the camera where ever it goes and then dissappears after some time.

Where would I be able to find it and edit it? Specific directions would be useful since I just started using the editor today.

What about the mini map issue?

PS: I'm editing the map because there are some cheats in it, which I already figured out how to remove and some other things I wanted to personalize.

Jscooby

Reaction score
Alright I made a screen shot so things are clearer..

#1 This is the text I'm talking about.

#2 #3 #4 are the parts on the mini map that are messed up. They appear perfect when you scroll over with the big map. And box #3 should reflect the top of the map, how the green lines are, they are there, just don't appear in the mini map.

wc.jpg

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Zomg. Lition -_-' That game is so rigged. Please, make it unrigged...

The text you're talking about is Game - Display Text To Player/Force.

If it's in JASS, search for:

call DisplayTextToPlayer

OR

call DisplayTextToForce

If in GUI, you're out of luck. You'll have to go through each trig :p

Unless they had good trigger naming convention and you see something like Starting Text, Initialization etc.

Jscooby

Reaction score
Zomg. Lition -_-' That game is so rigged. Please, make it unrigged...
"PS: I'm editing the map because there are some cheats in it, which I already figured out how to remove and some other things I wanted to personalize."

Said in previous post. :)

What's GUI and JASS?

There is actually only one trigger file, and I copy and pasted the whole thing into a word document and searched for the words that show up in game and it did not find anything, so I'm believing it is not in the trigger?

Jscooby

Reaction score
I just went through and searched for just DisplayText and that is used, telling your income, amount of lifes selected by red, difficulty, etc... But it does not come up with the red txt in my screen shot, which is what I really wish to edit.

Jscooby

Reaction score
Also, I'm just trying to add some items that will just sit on the ground when I try to save the map with them errors appear.
//***************************************************************************
//*
//*Items
//*
//***************************************************************************
function CreateAllItems takes nothing returns nothing
local integer itemID
call CreateItem('I012',1150.6,148.9)
call CreateItem('I012',1139.7,-5382.9)
endfunction

I think I have to change something in this? Any help?

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
Oh man Hero War Lition is not an Old game... they bring out new editions of it all the time, the guy who originally created it doesn't play anymore, but the guys who took over from him still do.

Squirel

Reaction score
First off, it would probable be unwise to release a version of this game because, no matter how bad the map is, HLWL is an actively maintained map and people recognize it enough that you will take flak for the ripoff.

But alas that is your issue, so I will still help with your map issues.

The stuff on the minimap is an image that was applied to the minimap. I'm not sure but I think that it is under "Scenario" -> "Map Preferences".

The text you see is not floating text, it is a message.

Trigger:
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This is a message

In JASS it is something like
JASS:
call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "This is a message" )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.