[Object Editor] Colors for attachments?

GfameVideos

Reaction score
So im creating this 'Capture the Gem Mode'

i downloaded a gem, that i use for attachment when u take it.
The default color of the gem is Red.

But i also need a blue 1 for the blue team.

The model does show blue/red on ground (as item model), but how to change the color of it as an attachment to blue?

Very anoyying :D

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
May you should use this one. Has all your favorite color and you only need 1 import :thup:

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
I know, im using that 1, but as attachment it only shows red, and i can't change the color at all.

The colors can only be changed at the item models. :S

help!!

The model is not the problem, it's you. Try pressing ALT+A on-in-game, it's the ally color botton.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Add it with the ability "Life Regeneration" its one of the few abilities which allow team colour to apply to attatchments.

Nexor

Reaction score
His problem is not the attaching the effect to the units, it's that as he attaches to a unit, he can't change it's color, the color of the attachment.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
His problem is not the attaching the effect to the units, it's that as he attaches to a unit, he can't change it's color, the color of the attachment.

Which you can do with my above method and changing the units team colour.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Because the way you change the gem's color is to change its team color. Certain parts of a model's texture changes with its team color and for the model in question, the entire model changes color with its assigned team.

Normally you can only change a model texture's team color by assigning it a team color as a unit and not as an attachment, except for a few specific abilities that automatically changes art its attachment's team color to the unit's own team color (player slot 2 is blue). This is why HydraRancher suggested you use the ability Life Regeneration Aura because it's such an ability.

You can also just create the gem effect as a unit and use a periodic trigger to move the unit around with the carrier. This will allow you to specify its team color regardless of which unit its attached.

Either way you will have to trigger the effect and we can only help you if you specify how you would want to approach this.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Because the way you change the gem's color is to change its team color. Certain parts of a model's texture changes with its team color and for the model in question, the entire model changes color with its assigned team.

Normally you can only change a model texture's team color by assigning it a team color as a unit and not as an attachment, except for a few specific abilities that automatically changes art its attachment's team color to the unit's own team color (player slot 2 is blue). This is why HydraRancher suggested you use the ability Life Regeneration Aura because it's such an ability.

You can also just create the gem effect as a unit and use a periodic trigger to move the unit around with the carrier. This will allow you to specify its team color regardless of which unit its attached.

Either way you will have to trigger the effect and we can only help you if you specify how you would want to approach this.

Well Said.

Well.. that won't work, why would i wanna change team colors.. lol..

Well, that wont work.

Wait you wanna know what/why wont work?

I certainaly do.

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
i know how to fix it but it needs some experiamental

you need to change the base color ) the 3 colors that stand normaly 255,255,255

in this case you have to over ride the number of 255
u do this by holding shift then dubble click on it

try expermenting with it

save it first before you **** things up

if you get to 256 some how it goes to way diffrent color
this should be able to reach your goal

GfameVideos

Reaction score

well its suppoed to be like capture the flag, but then capture the gem, so if theres a trigger, that can make it so it walks with him on his chest xD

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
well its suppoed to be like capture the flag, but then capture the gem, so if theres a trigger, that can make it so it walks with him on his chest xD
I would simply create a variable for which unit is currently carrying the gem and then make a periodic trigger (every 0.02 seconds) that moves the gem unit (with the locust ability) to said unit's position. Giving the gem Crow Form will allow you to set a height that follows ground units' path. Here's a visual example from a trigger I made using this method, where 3 rocks unearth from the ground and rotates around the target:

triggerexample.jpg

Basically all you have to do is create variables storing locations and values for how you want the effect to behave.

GfameVideos

Reaction score
I got a better solution which is more epic for my game to.

Instead of Capture the Gem

i make it: Capture the Wealth

And Red is Gem
And blue is something completely different that is blue by default.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.