only 1 weapon of a class held at a time?

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
i cant make it so that when you have an item of class campaign you can not pick up another item of the same class!!

i have been trying for ever!

simply i am going insane alike the banghead image...

can someone send me a map with a trigger like it on it!?
i will give credit if that is what you wish...
if you do not wish to send i can have a go at taking instructions but i am noob in this field currently...

thank you.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
something like this

Code:
Untitled Trigger 003
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        And- All conditions are true
        conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                Item being manipulated is equal to Axe
                Item being manipulated is equal to Greater axe.....
            Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Axe) Equal to True
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Greater Axe) Equal to True
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Uber Axe) Equal to True
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type just an axe) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to drop (Item being manipulated) at (Position of (Triggering unit))

although, there is somewhat of a leak

I'm probably going to use a similar trigger in my map.

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
hmmm... i get similar responces from many people but i can never seem to trigger that onto my map...
1) what are the leaks?
2) can you please send me a demo map with this trigger in it so i can use it on myne? i have never been able to make this trigger using gui... (i dont know jass)

M

Made In WE

Wouldnt it be easier to check its class? Such as powerups, anicent, campaign, and what not and check if the player already has an item of that class and if it does, drop it from their inventory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made In WE
Wouldnt it be easier to check its class? Such as powerups, anicent, campaign, and what not and check if the player already has an item of that class and if it does, drop it from their inventory?

I think he means class as in " knight armour" " pole weapons" " swords" "mystic armour" and so on. Or probably: weapon, armour, helm, offhand, accessory.

Thats what I ment, Assign the classes to certain parts of armor. Ex: Sword = Anicent :: Helms = Purchaseable and so on.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
1) Look at this thread http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72333&highlight=what+exactly+is+a+leak

2) Give me a minute, I'll do it as fast as I can.

I think he means class as in " knight armour" " pole weapons" " swords" "mystic armour" and so on. Or probably: weapon, armour, helm, offhand, accessory.

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
i have left handed swords and right handed swords and different shields and helms and boots and gloves...
anyway, it turns out that i have 6 different positions for items which can designate 1 item spot per class...
i am also grouping right handed items in campaign and left handed in purchasable so i can group by classes.

closest item scheme i could relate my map to is master crafter's final conquest. it is almost the same and something like that would be extremelly useful...

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
The trigger I suggested doesn't work because the hero drops the item immediately after picking it up, give me a bit of time to tweak it.

( I don't mind helping you with this because I need the exact same trigger for my map)

edit: almost done making the trigger, just need to fix one more thing.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Code:
Limit Items by Class
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
            Conditions
                (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
                (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Permanent
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Item-class of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-class of (Item being manipulated))
                        (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                    Then - Actions
                        Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Sorry, this class only once.
                    Else - Actions

Note: don't use the "misc" class!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.