Crime Prank call fail:Bored and drunk Detroit man claims threw baby in river goes to jail

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Andre Cheatom probably isn't laughing anymore.

The 19-year-old Detroit resident is heading to prison for a prank call that prompted a U.S. Coast Guard search when he told authorities he'd thrown a baby and mother into the Detroit River.

U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade announced this week that Cheatom has been sentenced to 18 months in prison, supervised release for three years, ordered to pay a special assessment of $100 and $14,302 in restitution for knowingly and willfully causing the Coast Guard to attempt to save lives and property when no help was needed.

"When members of the Coast Guard respond to a hoax call, they are diverted from people in actual distress," McQuade said. "We take a hard line on these cases because we want to deter people from making hoax calls."

Read the news here.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
He is really dumb, for real.
Of all the other pranks he can play, he had to choose one like this to do...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Seriously, That's the stupidest prank I've ever heard!
The 19-year-old Detroit resident is heading to prison for a prank call that
Well, That's kind of harsh. But I'm pretty sure he will not do it again.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Damn. Maybe those assholes who prank called my work place (it was very annoying and deterred me from helping other customers) will go to jail. :3

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I hate people who prank call me too. They say, "I'm coming to your house and killing you!"
Geez, silly kids...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Damn, some prank calls are funny and all, but this one is just over-bored.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I once prank called a place. It was this company that makes dehumidifiers (and various other things). I kept saying that I drank the water and that the "nice boys at Sears said it was okay to drink the water because it made it clean and that the water gave me rectal abrasions."

I once called Sony's tech support number about a Red Ring of Death.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
They were very confused and I kept insisting it was a PS3. And then I said that I took out the hard drive and they were all going "But the hard drive is inside the Playstation. Did you take it apart?" "Nope." "Then how did you get it out?" "I just pulled."

:D It was funny. But the dehumidifier call was funnier.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.