Putting a picture in the custom game screen

F

fiftycal

There are several custom maps in which there is a picture in the screen when waiting for the game to start such as Southpark Maul. I have searched but cannont get my editor to do it or even find it. How do I put pictures in the "prologue screen".:confused:

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The details to do a custom screen are found in the Monolith map in your \Maps\FrozenThrone\Scenario folder.

Many ppl still have problems though, so this other tutorial might explain things better (see attachment).

Just remember a custom loading screen will increase your map size a fair bit, which is something that isn't that desirable when it comes to multiplayer maps.

Attachments

• custom loading splash screen tutorial.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 223

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
oops actually I just realised I misread your post, I thought you were referring to the loading screen, but you're actually referring to the minimap preview in the game waiting room.

What you have to do for that is make a 256x256 tga image and name it "war3mapPreview.tga". Then import this tga into your map using WinMPQ (see FAQ). Make sure you aren't importing into any folder, it should be put into the root directory i.e. don't specify any directory path.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.