PVP Question. (Mage vs Rogue)

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Lately I've noticed that the main class that just owns the hell out of me in WSG is rogues. Here's how the usual battle goes with them...

I'm riding along towards the alliance base to capture/help capture the flag when all the sudden I get sapped. Then a second later I'm dead from some burst attack.

At level 45 specd fire, are there any good macros or just moves I should be aware of?

I'm kinda new to the game so you can't expect me to know everything =/

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Lol, I know fire ain't too good for PVP, but it's easier for me to level with (I'm probably going to respec at 70 when I'm satisfied with my gear).

Nova + Blink would work except for the fact that most times this happens, I don't have any time to react because I'm sapped before I can even tell they're there. Then comes some huge crit or ghostly strike and I'm dead.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Just wait till you get to level 70. The rogues are the most powerful class in the game at the moment, with no anti-class at all.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Fire isn't necessairly better for leveling. Sure you do more initial damage, but with frost you can get some great shatter combo's later on (especially with Ice Lane although that's much later). Plus Frost has much greater CC than fire.

But, to each his own. Whatever works best for you.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Don't worry about anything until endgame in terms of balance, because it's constantly changing and is for the most part unimportant. At 70 both mages and rogues have ways to defend themselves against one another.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Just wait till you get to level 70. The rogues are the most powerful class in the game at the moment, with no anti-class at all.

S4 spriest > S4 rogue(any spec)

T6 spriest > S4 rogue(any spec)

S4 retpally > S4 rogue(any spec)

T6 ret pally > S4 Rogue(any spec)

S4 demonlogy warlock > S4 rogue(any spec)

T6 demonlogy warlock > T6 rogue(any spec)

Cornface

Reaction score
S4 spriest > S4 rogue(any spec)

T6 spriest > S4 rogue(any spec)

S4 retpally > S4 rogue(any spec)

T6 ret pally > S4 Rogue(any spec)

S4 demonlogy warlock > S4 rogue(any spec)

T6 demonlogy warlock > T6 rogue(any spec)

You are kidding me right? First of all, that ain't classes, that is speccs. Second, Have you played any arena lately, it seems you have no clue how it works.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Rogues are just rolling in the OPness right now. Go find a warrior or something and kill him.

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
I love this whole Overpowered stuff.

See ingame, Everyone says Hunters and locks are OP...
On the WoW Forums, Everyone says its locks and Druids.. BUT ONLY RESTO DRUIDS!!!
On here, you guys say its rogues...

Now lets do it, same as underpowered.

Ingame people think Shamans and Rogues are underpowered/Broken
On the WoW forums, people say Paladins and Mages are extremely Underpowered.
On here, well i havent seen Underpowered said yet.

lol, i love point of view, dont you guys?

Cornface

Reaction score
No, it just seems that you haven't played enough high-end PvP the realize the situation.

Seannny

Reaction score
No, it just seems that you haven't played enough high-end PvP the realize the situation.

Ive played enough high end pvp :p
I have played arena, No im not the best, but i do know how it works
and yeah ive played battlegrounds, etc...

Besides im not stating my opinion on this, my opinion is this:

If every class complains they are underpowered then everyone is balanced.
All i was stating was what ive seen and heard people say.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I would like to quote this from Zechs on SK Gaming;

'Firstly, if my race is the weakest and I win, how good am I? Not only did I win, but I won with the crappiest race! Secondly, in a similar fashion, it’s also the perfect excuse for losing. You didn’t out-play me; you just have a stronger race. Playing the underdog soothes our ego and lessens the pain of defeat.'

He's talking about wc3 but it can be applied here aswell ;)

Cornface

Reaction score
Ive played enough high end pvp :p
I have played arena, No im not the best, but i do know how it works
and yeah ive played battlegrounds, etc...

Besides im not stating my opinion on this, my opinion is this:

If every class complains they are underpowered then everyone is balanced.
All i was stating was what ive seen and heard people say.

Yeah, but not all classes are complaining, that's the thing. There is just this great unbalance in WoW atm, and I am talking about the melee vs caster in PvP, and it's just the casters who are complaining because they are underpowered.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to quote this from Zechs on SK Gaming;

'Firstly, if my race is the weakest and I win, how good am I? Not only did I win, but I won with the crappiest race! Secondly, in a similar fashion, it’s also the perfect excuse for losing. You didn’t out-play me; you just have a stronger race. Playing the underdog soothes our ego and lessens the pain of defeat.'

He's talking about wc3 but it can be applied here aswell ;)

Zechs well summarized it up here. Humans hate losing and so they do what they can to lessen it up.

Seannny

Reaction score
Yeah, but not all classes are complaining, that's the thing. There is just this great unbalance in WoW atm, and I am talking about the melee vs caster in PvP, and it's just the casters who are complaining because they are underpowered.

Im not sure what you mean... Casters really arent underpowered...

I hope you dont mean warlock.. Becuase if were on the subject of stronger classes, Warlock leads it.

If you mean the mage? Then no, The mage is the class with the most escape abilitys. Yes its not damage dealing unless your fire and thats not the best cookie cutter spec, But still the mage has survivability with ice.

If you cant shaman as a caster, then no shaman are fine as well, Shaman are in one of there most balanced times actually. and are pretty kickass at pve.

If you mean the priest? no the priest is doing very well right now also. The priest has a lot of survivability and is extremely useful as a support class... You've got to remember that a priest isnt a damage dealer. Unless your shadow specced, and even then its not an amazing DPS...

Druids probably could use a bit less resto and a bit more balance to even things out, thats coming in the expansion. they are probably the only class that is better. But the resto druid cant kill, they survive. They kill you by wearing you down, casters out of mana, etc...

As blizzard stated " The game is NOT based on 1v1 or 2v2. The game is based more around 3v3 and 5v5 odds. "

So if you claim a class overpowered because they are rocking the 2's in arena... well thats pretty innacurate, probably becuase its a whole new game 1 on 1 or with friends to help you out.

Cornface

Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean... Casters really arent underpowered...

Err, what class are you playing? Warlocks are extremely unbalanced atm, and that is because they can slaughter casters so easy, but yet are so weak against melee it is pathetic. Their pets die in 2-3 hits by a good geared warrior/rogue. Mages, well I haven't played mage in many months now, but they are one of the most underpowered class at the moment.

But yes, I agree with you on the shaman/priest part, they are rather balanced at the moment. And druids, that is a joke right? Druids is the most strongest class in the game atm in 1v1 and 2v2, but like you said, this game isn't balanced around that.

No, the main problem is that melee damage dealers (mainly rogues and warriors) are so extremely overpowered at the moment. And that is for 3 reasons as I see it;

1. Their gear scales A LOT better than caster gear.
Let me give an example
A warlock with full S2 and a warlock with full S4, not that big difference.
A warrior with full S2, and a warrior with S4, ENORMOUS DIFFERENCE. Warriors does suck more the worse gear they have, but lets face it. In high-end pvp, there is no shitty-geared warriors.

2. Melees can use PvE gear without loosing much survivability. It might actually give them more. Their damage output is so damn much higher, I mean a rogue with dual war glaives, tier 6 BT/sunwell gear. That is freaking ouch. But a warlock or mage in tier 6 gear is weak, why? Because they need all the resilience and hp they can get in order to survive the onslaught from rogues and/or warriors. But Rogues got so damn many escaping ability, it's just a big joke. But we've seen some difference here actually, Blizzard started nerfing Cheat Death. It's not that much, but it's a start.

3. Armor Penetration. This is not that big, just unfair. Armor is a great defense against melees, and it gives them hell. But now there is rogues with about 2k-3k armor penetration, and that is what clothers has in armor, which reduces their armor to what? Yes, Zero. And that increases their damage with about 20 % if I am not mistaken. And heck, what do have? Spell Penetration. Hah! How much help is that really? Some, maybe. In certain situations, but lets face it, very few people have high resistance.

Seannny

Reaction score
No way you can look at me with a straight face and say warlocks are UNDERPOWERED.

Warlocks can kill any class in the game right now. having difficulty maybe with only the rogue. But thats the counter class.. A lot of that has to do with Fear, a warrior on your ass? fear it to hell. Game over. Rogues not much to say here, other than Rock breaks scissors, As for warriors overpowered i wouldnt say much so. They suck eggs alone, and without any healer they aren't guaranteed a win with any class. Note: Use my word choice Guaranteed Lightly...
As For rogues they could deffinetly use some balancing, Paladins and warriors seem to have a better chance at killing them than most, mainly paladin with their bubble. So yeah rogues are a bit on the tough side, but that doesnt mean buff everyone, It means nerf rogues.

Cornface

Reaction score
No way you can look at me with a straight face and say warlocks are UNDERPOWERED.

Warlocks can kill any class in the game right now. having difficulty maybe with only the rogue. But thats the counter class.. A lot of that has to do with Fear, a warrior on your ass? fear it to hell. Game over. Rogues not much to say here, other than Rock breaks scissors, As for warriors overpowered i wouldnt say much so. They suck eggs alone, and without any healer they aren't guaranteed a win with any class. Note: Use my word choice Guaranteed Lightly...
As For rogues they could deffinetly use some balancing, Paladins and warriors seem to have a better chance at killing them than most, mainly paladin with their bubble. So yeah rogues are a bit on the tough side, but that doesnt mean buff everyone, It means nerf rogues.

Wasn't meant to say underpowered, mistake from my side. I mean unbalanced because they suck so hard vs melees and slaughter casters. Fear warriors, this is a joke, correct? In arenas they will blow their fear immune CDs giving you maybe 1 fear per minute if lucky, and that usually gets dispelled.
And warriors doesn't suck alone, sure their main power is in having a healer with them, and they do in the arenas. I am talking from an arena perspective here.

Seannny

Reaction score
Well if i were playing with a warlock, i would do my best to keep the warrior off the warlock, so the warlock could fear... Seeing as the cooldown for fear is what... 6 seconds? XD But i guess thats not the point, Alone warlocks do have issues against melee i suppose... But i know plenty of warlocks who are stopped by nothing. A lot of warlocks dunno shit about their pet and what to do with it, if they were smart they wouldnt try and be cool and use the felgaurd but use the tank one and just sacrafice it when they needed to get a fear off. Because once you get feared, your pretty much locked in and its game over. Especially if your in arena and your partner is down. however if we are talking 2's then youll be up against loads of Warriors and druids and that team is practically unbeatable...

Warlocks demolishing casters is pretty okay, as long as warlocks have their counter class. The paper to their rock. and if its melee so be it, thats what blizz was going for. As for Druids, the only thing overpowered is Resto. and if they nerf that it will somehow indirectly Fuck over the class PVE. So blizz has been holding back for that very reason.

Currently i really see only 2 Overpowered classes, The Warlock and the Druid. all the other classes can be beat. Rogues are overpowered all the way to 70. then once you get your trinkets from arena and stuff, when you have the honor all grinded, you will be able to trinket out of the proper Stun and the rogues done for... Hell i play a rogue and i can tell you exactly which stun i always am hoping doesnt miss or get resisted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.