PVP Question. (Mage vs Rogue)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Well if i were playing with a warlock, i would do my best to keep the warrior off the warlock, so the warlock could fear... Seeing as the cooldown for fear is what... 6 seconds? XD

Err, have you ever heard of
http://thottbot.com/s18499
http://thottbot.com/s12292
http://thottbot.com/s23920 RNG mace stuns and trinkets.

Also, how the fuck can you loose because they trinket out of ONE single stun? Lets say you face a warlock. You give him a cheap shot, if the warlock is smart, he will let it last. You will nuke him down to 70-80% if you don't suck. When the cheap shot is gone, you kidney shot him and the warlock trinkets. He tries to throw a fear, and you pop Cloak of Shadows/trinket. In case you use cloak of shadows, you run up to him, do gauge or just let the poisons slow him down while the nuke the hell out of him. If you're equally geared or better, he should be dead by now.

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
Err, have you ever heard of
http://thottbot.com/s18499
http://thottbot.com/s12292
http://thottbot.com/s23920 RNG mace stuns and trinkets.

Also, how the fuck can you loose because they trinket out of ONE single stun? Lets say you face a warlock. You give him a cheap shot, if the warlock is smart, he will let it last. You will nuke him down to 70-80% if you don't suck. When the cheap shot is gone, you kidney shot him and the warlock trinkets. He tries to throw a fear, and you pop Cloak of Shadows/trinket. In case you use cloak of shadows, you run up to him, do gauge or just let the poisons slow him down while the nuke the hell out of him. If you're equally geared or better, he should be dead by now.

If the warlock is smart, as im nuking, and CloS is down, he will sacrafice his Pet, if its the tank that is.. Which he should have against a melee fighter... With this he is free to cast and do whatever, in fact if he really was determined and lucky he could fear you in this state and re cast that or another pet. if not, he shadowbolt and continues to fear you. leaving dots on and having you running, you break it if your undead but hey... its like a 1.5 second cast or so right? you cant make it back in time, Unless of course you vanish... But in that case he should still have the sacrafice bubble on... So you can either run like hell, or if your in arena, start summoning your next pet / having your partner help you or you help him.
And yes he WILL have the sacrafice bubble on becuase if the rogue wants to even come close to surviving those 10k shadowbolt crits then he will trinket/Undead racial Out of it + vanish.. Becuase a warlock is painful.

And on the warrior topic perhaps your right. Ive never really cared for warriors so i never pay attention/ learn about them.

Ps: Its fun talking to someone who actually has a brain and can logically argue back... its hard to find them in the World of Warcraft >.>

Cornface

Reaction score
If the warlock is smart, as im nuking, and CloS is down, he will sacrafice his Pet, if its the tank that is.

Well, here comes the problem, what if the rogue trinkets out of the first fear? That means you have Clos ready for when I sacrificed my pet, giving you time to nuke it down while you have Clos up. That completely destroys your whole plan.

And oh, we dont crit 10k unless we have raid pots, full BT/Sunwell gear and destro specc. I had 1300 spell dmg SL/SL specced on my lock (that is hacked right now) and I critted around 3k.

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
So if he trinkets out of the first fear we fear him again.

the bubble provided lasts how long? 20 seconds? and absorbs how much damage?

I think your missing the point im trying to make here, the lock, maybe not EASILY, but can get the rogue away, and once the rogue is away, hes toast, because the rogue has no moves like Dash, aside from sprint, its tough.

However if the rogue is Subtley then yeah id suppose the warlock would get owned, Not thinking about shadowstep or preperation.

Cornface

Reaction score
So if he trinkets out of the first fear we fear him again.

However if the rogue is Subtley then yeah id suppose the warlock would get owned, Not thinking about shadowstep or preperation.

First, that is close to impossible. The rogue is able to interrupt the fear and pushback it in so many ways it is close to impossible.

Second, 98% of all the arena rogues is Subtlety so yes, warlocks do get slaughtered by rogues. But nothing is impossible.

T

turbo_negro

Rogue will most deffinentally rape the mage :D unless your the mage then no rogue can defeat you.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Funny, with my level 59 rogue I have huge problems with mages.
Slow them to death, as said, Nova, Blink, Frostball, whatever works. And if they vanish just keeping going in circles, it would make it very hard to attack you from behind. You can always use DoTs to make sure they won't vanish to run a way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.