Quest Trigger and Text Trigger Help

XDogg

Reaction score
Ok first things first.

I wanted to make a trigger that gives individual players quests... its not really to give them the quest per say, it was to notify them that they complete an Unlockable.

When a player killed a certain unit it would give them a quest and Immediately mark it as completed... But the problem is that the quest is marked for everyone in the game as completed. It would then continue to mark the quest everytime another player would complete the quest adding a duplicate of the quest in the log.

All I wanted was it to show the quest completed for the player that completed it. No one else was suppose to even see the quest till they figured out what unit to kill.

Secondly I been trying Despretely to figure out how to Get GAME - Text to only show for the player of the triggering unit.

I tried using matching conditions but it conflicts if other players also match the condition. Surprisingly the only conditions you get with that are show for allies of Player... why dont they have show for player of triggering unit or for owner of triggering unit...

this was to notify a player when they picked up an item that it then removed the item giving them an ability. Problem is if another player maxed the ability and carries the item, then the game text sends a text to all whom carry that item "Upgrading"

_whelp

Reaction score
Custom Script: if(GetLocalPlayer() == Player(Player Number - 1)) then
The Game -Text thingy
Custom Script: endif

XDogg

Reaction score
Custom Script: if(GetLocalPlayer() == Player(Player Number - 1)) then
The Game -Text thingy
Custom Script: endif

not sure how that fits into my current trigger :p or how to put it into the trigger menu.

Never entered custom scripts before.

XDogg

Reaction score
nice thank you , now just need to understand quest one. I was using the quest log more or less as an achievements to show what the player unlocked.. But it had shown the quest for all and multiplied it everytime a different player activated the trigger (was a trigger for each player).

You guys must be programers cause i can only understand how to work with preset triggers.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the quest log is a game constant. Meaning any changes to the interface will be changed for all players in the game. The only solution to your problem I can think at the moment is creating your own quest log for each user in the game by perhaps representing it with strings. On event player(x) types-quests you could display what they have accomplished etc, etc.

Good luck to you on this one, I'll think about it some more.

XDogg

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the quest log is a game constant. Meaning any changes to the interface will be changed for all players in the game. The only solution to your problem I can think at the moment is creating your own quest log for each user in the game by perhaps representing it with strings. On event player(x) types-quests you could display what they have accomplished etc, etc.

Good luck to you on this one, I'll think about it some more.

Thats ok for now im using the simple solution of showing the quests in the log and in the info it says which player unlocked it. Just it duplicates.

Imagine how much more intresting this game would be if both parties could have quests against eachother. :p cant do that much with the given quest log i guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.