Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No.(Continue It)

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Sorry for Polling This.

->

I've been working on a map for 1.3 years now. It's so messy. I have 4 heroes, and was thinking of 20 of them from the start, all with coded abilites. And they are, 4 of them. Terrain is Done. I have only the spells Triggerred. I'm so tired of this map.(Good vs Evil, I bet that there is another AoS with that Name.)

So the question: Should i quit it, and put my life to vJASS spells and systems?

Poll time. Yes or No on the question above ^.

That really depends on you, not us. If you really admire the effort you put in this map, I would say you shouldn't quit it. As for the name and context, you can always change it.

Depends on you really. I know that I don't have the stomach for vJASS right now so I'm sticking to GUI. If you feel like you want to continue your map, go for it.

I create maps because I like.
I use GUI because I'm lazy.

It depends on you if you use JASS or GUI and depends on you if make or not maps.

Creating maps is a creative job, you must like what you do to do it right. If you don't like to make maps, STOP NOW!

I'm so tired of this map
I say quit it then

there's no point of making a map if you're not 100% into it

since you're tired of it, you lost the motivation and without it you can't finish it

and even when it's finished, it's still needs to be constantly worked on, because the map soon becomes old and outdated

it's really hard and frustrating to create maps all by yourself, at least for me

that's why I stick to spell making

Read Dinowc's subtitle "Failure is success if we learn from it."

i voted for yes

You all have right. Dinowc's title says everything. So i keep to creating spells and systems, helping other people doing maps.
Thanks!

continue what you have started. don't give up! fight fight fight! :thup:

Sorry for Polling This.

->

I've been working on a map for 1.3 years now. It's so messy. I have 4 heroes, and was thinking of 20 of them from the start, all with coded abilites. And they are, 4 of them. Terrain is Done. I have only the spells Triggerred. I'm so tired of this map.(Good vs Evil, I bet that there is another AoS with that Name.)

So the question: Should i quit it, and put my life to vJASS spells and systems?

Poll time. Yes or No on the question above ^.

How about posting this Map of your's and let us take a look, perhaps asking for someone to help you finish the map, bring this long project to a nice a close.
If its taken you around 1.3 years to get to where you are, i would imagine you would atleast have a something playable to share with us.
Let some people help you.

Or if you prefer to things solo, then atleast keep working at it, you never know how good the map will be received if you don't finish it, plus you will only regret deleting it or not finishing it in the long run.

Just my thoughts, but if you are getting tired of it, take a break or work flat out one week and try to get it finished then release it.

Anyways im going to stop rambling on.

Good luck mate, and i hope you find you're passion again for the map you started :D

I would love to say continue it, but if you have no motivation to finish, then there's not point, because you're not going to put as much effort in if you've lost your enthusiasm. Instead, I recommend you post the map up for two reasons:

1. If someone or a group of people is willing, they can finish it and give credit to you
  2. People can learn from the triggers you've put on already.

But it's really up to you what you do with this map.

i say quit it and put your effort into something that will be atleast played .. there is already so much AOS map out there that even if you finish this the map its just going to be another statistic.. Get sc2 and start a revolution. There will be alot more player base there .. The fact is, unless you have a host bot on war3, The map will be going no-where (good luck with manual host). War3 is dead . Just switch over to sc2 and make some nice maps That will actually be played :)

sorry for being brutally honest

1.3 years is a long time. If you're tired of it, you might as well take a break, but I'm sure something about the map will eventually draw you back to work on it again. If you've worked on it for so long, you probably will come back to it eventually.

i say quit it and put your effort into something that will be atleast played .. there is already so much AOS map out there that even if you finish this the map its just going to be another statistic.. Get sc2 and start a revolution. There will be alot more player base there .. The fact is, unless you have a host bot on war3, The map will be going no-where (good luck with manual host). War3 is dead . Just switch over to sc2 and make some nice maps That will actually be played :)

Really love this post. Will do!

WC3 is not really dead...

a few people will still play it.

I will, for sure, start editing on SC2, but, first, Ill finish my AOS on WC3, and then, I jump to SC2.

(when is SC2 official release date?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.