Reputation Part 2 - Post Reputation Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Most forums don't have special memberships, this is only the third forum I have been to (out of around 50) which have something like that.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Question: Will reputation effect the way people treat him\her?

I have noticed people started to go overboard when they got +1 or+2 rep.
Do we really need +5000 for taking over the net!?
If I'm wrong, tell me so.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
tom_mai78101 said:
Question: Will reputation effect the way people treat him\her?

I have noticed people started to go overboard when they got +1 or+2 rep.

If I'm wrong, tell me so.
well, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
There are people who care about rep (like me :)), and others who don't give a s**t (sorry) about it.It's up to whom you are dealing with.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
OK!

Note to self: Reputation is mind-controlled.
Reputation is what I like!
If I could stay 1 or 2 reputations, I would say that I'm the strangest kid ever. :D

chris

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
well, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
There are people who care about rep (like me :)), and others who don't give a s**t (sorry) about it.It's up to whom you are dealing with.

That true....but if you have a problem then most will take any advice..part from doing anything drastic...i personally react better to people who make a few good quality posts....people who seem to post for the sake of getting there counts up really annoy me......theres one i can think of straight off (and i didnt mean you NiKaNoRoU_GR.......but i wont put the name).

I just wish that when people have something to ask instead of putting the questions in one at a time...they would link them together..this will affect if i geve rep or not....and thats why i think your rep score is important

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Since I don't spend much (if any at all) time in WE anymore, I get rep for jokes and stories, or rewards for enforcing rules in a way people like...

So I only ever look at my rep to see how cool people think I am XD

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
You would be getting reps for free, you know?

I would say if anyone who cares for people a lot would give reps for people who has the fewest reps ever, I'd say that person has the heart to be an adminstrator.

I never thought that you could get reps for just telling jokes, and stuffs. :confused:

Teach me how.

DM Cross

Reaction score
People misunderstand the rep system. It should be used when someone helps someone else. However, it's typically used when someone sees a post, or even just a comment in a post that they like. People can rep for really any reason.

I rarely rep people. I rarely see things that I think deserve rep. I almost never -rep anyone. I should start more, though :)

chris

Reaction score
Rep does not really matter that much...and you can be given it for making jokes.....its stilll part of the forum....

tom_mai78101..my advice to you is go for quality over quantity.....make sure your helpful and un annoying..dont post every two second and just keep visiting the site giving rep when you feel you need to. I give rep for loads of different reasons...but if i find someone annoying..(like trying to post to much rubbish)..they dont get rep very often

I will say this one more time........reps have nothing to do with weather you become an SM or Mod.....the staff decide between themselves if you should be an sm or mod...so just dont annoy them by giving them a load of work they dont need to be doing :eek:

DM Cross

Reaction score
chris said:
I will say this one more time........reps have nothing to do with weather you become an SM or Mod.....the staff decide between themselves if you should be an sm or mod...so just dont annoy them by giving them a load of work they dont need to be doing :eek:

Actually, in the beginning of the SM program, most people got to be candidated by getting to 75 rep. However, the secret was out soon afterward and everyone was trying to get rep just to become an SM.

Nowadays, though, we take a list of people who seem to deserve it and the SMs actually vote for it :) They get to pick and choose their own buddies XD

Little TH.net history lesson.

chris

Reaction score
I know........Its a better system to have the current SMs voting on it though..makes it so much more deserved.....like you said "everyone was trying to get rep just to become an SM" and that stops it being so special. :rolleyes:

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
What the hell?

tom_mai78101..my advice to you is go for quality over quantity.....make sure your helpful and un annoying..dont post every two second and just keep visiting the site giving rep when you feel you need to. I give rep for loads of different reasons...but if i find someone annoying..(like trying to post to much rubbish)..they dont get rep very often

I don't care about reps. I just want to post things. I have problems throughout my entire life, maybe you won't believe it.

I'm helpful. I helped Seth, MercChris, KMAlchemist, and others.

If you are thinking that I am unhelpful, could you prove it?

And for the last time, people: I hate to be +rep!!
The first actually!
Fair? :|

DM Cross

Reaction score
Eh, 3 posts ago we were discussing how the rep system is flawed, thus a problem... But now, I'm with you, Rab.

You guys don't really need to discuss your opinions of each other's helpfulness here XD Please use the PM system!

Thank you.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Question: If a person is off-topic, is there a way to -rep someone just because he got off-topic?

Back to topic, guys.
--------------------------------

DM Cross

Reaction score
You just -rep them like you normally would. But we stress on members not to enforce the rules. Mods and Admins do that.

Why do we stress this? Well, let's say someone double posts. And a member sees it, posts not to double post and -reps someone. Well... What if every member who looks at that thread decides to play the part of enforcer and -reps the poor soul? A mistake could get you a nice collection of -rep. Then an Admin has to go and delete all that -rep, since that's over doing it a LOT!

So if you see someone breaking the rules, just report the post :) Or PM a mod with a link to the thread. We'll take care of it ;)

chris

Reaction score
I dont think that people have had any real trouble with the rep system...it seems to be standard in most forums....I only use it as a way of getting a 'feel' of how helpful people are likely to be.

I dont really see a fairer or better system than the current one as everyones going to have a different opinion of a post.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
How about this:

Someone below "New Member": Don't add the reputation feature.
Someone above "New Member" or is one, add the feature.

Would it work?

DM Cross

Reaction score
People with no rep cannot give -rep. They can give 1 point of rep. The Rep system depends on the Rep system XD

chris

Reaction score
That seems like a good idea kinda....but weve all gotta start off somewhere and it would only be worth it if the problems with rep came from new users....but its still a bloody good idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.