[request] Two simple model edits

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping someone could do two minor model edits for me.

1. Remove the purple particle trail from the Windrunner Ghost model. (units\creeps\BansheeGhost\BansheeGhost.mdl)

2. Add the Smoke.mdx file made by saw792 (here) to the Steam Puff missile (Abilities\Weapons\SteamMissile\SteamMissile.mdl) except center the smoke emitter, and make the smoke particles not drift away at all.

Thanks in advance. +rep if I can :cool:

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
give me the models and i will do it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Signature: If i was helpful please let me know by + reppin me if i wasnt please tell me what i can do better.

Weep

Reaction score
Well, doesn't look like he's going to do it. Anybody else? Please? :)

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Here is the banshee, i hope it works for you.

Now, for the missle, I edited it as you said, but i dont know if you are going to like it... its very dark. tell me if you want it different

V Download Below V

Wait! I got it, sorry for the wait

Attachments

• BansheeGhostNew.mdx
    160.2 KB · Views: 143
  • SteamMissileNew.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 151

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
I dont know if you got my email, or if you saw my edit, but I fixed the manage attachments, you can get it above.

Weep

Reaction score
Ah, just got back online now.

Thanks again for doing the edits. The banshee is exactly what I need :thup: though strangely its unit portrait seems to have been messed up, but I don't mind because I'm using it as a missile. :p

The steam/smoke missile didn't quite come out like I expected... The original smoke.mdx looks a lot different in-game - the smoke is lighter and fades out smoothly. I'm not at all familiar with what restrictions there might be on models with particles, but basically what I'm looking for is to have the Smoke.mdx emitter centered and modified so its particles don't drift away and the white sprite from the steam missile added, but have each individual smoke particle still look like it did...I don't need the particles from the steam missile. In the end it would just look like a white blob leaving a trail of smoke puffs behind it as it moves. Would it be too much to ask for a revision?

Thanks for your efforts, rep added. :)

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Sure, Ill revise the steam missile, but I simply can't form both models into one, so I have to make that particle emitter from scratch, but Ill work on it...

Ill post another model as soon as i get it.

Ok, I made the model, Im not positive that he smoke wont move with the model, (and if it doesnt, its a quick edit). Anyways, here it is, and if you want it different still, post.
V DOWNLOAD V

Attachments

• SteamMissileNew.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 142

Weep

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help...but that's even further from what I'm looking for... :( I don't just want the smoke on impact, actually I don't want any smoke on impact. The smoke should just be a trail of particles, in fact, a lot like the Avatar of Vengeance missile (except not that closely spaced; the original Smoke.mdx was really close to what I want except it wasn't centered and the particles had motion). Then I just want the white blob from the steam missile stuck on it. :D

Mind doing another revision? :eek:

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Ok, I revised it and I tested this one, you should make the missile speed around 500 I would think to make it look good. And if this still doesnt work out for you, just ask for another revision.

V Download V

Attachments

• SteamMissileNew.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 144

Weep

Reaction score
Thanks again! That's a lot closer. Still, I really mean it when I say the original Steam.mdx was almost exactly what I wanted, particle-wise... :eek: The newest revision's smoke particles last a lot longer and are smaller, and don't fade out. Would it be possible to just center the original smoke emitter, and add the white sprite from the steam missile, or is there a particle emitter conflict of some sort?

Lol, sorry I can't +rep you, it says I have to rep other people first. :D

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Before I edit, let me clarify:

You want the "steammissilenew.mdx" from post #7, but you want it centered (not sure what you mean here; because it is centered but it does float up [like most particle emitters do])? And do you want the particles to be black or gray?

Thanks

EDIT: And if you think im getting it all wrong, you might be able to edit the particle emitter yourself (its not too hard). I actually made a tutorial on it:
How To: Edit Models

Just try going down to the part that it talks about particle emitters. (but if you dont want to/cant figure it out, ill be happy to re-edit)

Weep

Reaction score
You want the "steammissilenew.mdx" from post #7, but you want it centered (not sure what you mean here; because it is centered but it does float up [like most particle emitters do])? And do you want the particles to be black or gray?
Not quite...I want Smoke.mdx, with the emitter centered (because the emission point seems to be offset upward). I want the particles left exactly the way they are, or maybe made to not have any velocity away from the emission point (because by default they spread outward slowly), but they should be the same size with the same duration and fade as in the original Smoke.mdx. Then, I'd like the white ball from SteamMissile.mdx pasted in. I don't need SteamMissile's particles, unless the main white blob is also a particle and not just a sprite. The particles should be grey, with just the white blob static at the middle.

So far, in all the ones you've made, the smoke puffs have been smaller and have had longer duration with no fade out.

Thanks again for all your efforts. :)

EDIT: And if you think im getting it all wrong, you might be able to edit the particle emitter yourself (its not too hard). I actually made a tutorial on it:
How To: Edit Models
Thanks, but I've already tried. Magos' Model Editor is a Windows app and I have a Mac, and it won't run in CrossOver (a prettied-up commercial release of DarWINE) nor on my old Win 2k PC (it only has DirectX 8).

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Thanks, but I've already tried. Magos' Model Editor is a Windows app and I have a Mac, and it won't run in CrossOver (a prettied-up commercial release of DarWINE) nor on my old Win 2k PC (it only has DirectX 8).

Haha! Score one for windows! ;P

Anyways, I'll edit this and hopefully make it super good.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Ok, I checked all of the particle emitter options and the particle emitter I made is exactly the same as the "smoke.mdx" except that I made the gravity heavier (so the particle would stay put), other than that, it is the same.

I hope this one works for you... :p
V Download V

Attachments

• SteamMissileNew.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 146
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.