Rescaling a Map and it's Effects on Speed/Lag

Kitt

Reaction score
Fairly simple question: If I make a new map as 256x256, then later scale it down, will it see any preformance boost as if it were a smaller map, or are there still remnants of its baby fat laying around and throwing a kink in things?

Thank you greatly for any provided answers.

Mew.

F

fratleyslaye

I doubt it will make "performance boosts" like u say, because I wasn't even aware of the rescaling feature =O

But I could be wrong, there are many things about the editor I don't know about yet :rolleyes:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> it just deletes everything outside of the new, smaller map

That would be the point though.
Everything's gone, so the map presumably loads faster... that isn't exactly a "boost" though... :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Why do the stuff if your just going to delete it? You would do best just to start off with a small map not large to small. It wastes all that time.

Kitt

Reaction score
There wouldn't be anything actually to delete. Basicly, I'm not 100% sure how much space I'll need, so I've made a very large map. At completion, I'll reset the map and camera bounds to fit nicer with the actual space I've used. I was simply curious if doing this would cause the map to run or load slower, or if it would run/load at the same speed had I simply started with the smaller size.

Meow.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Well, it would make the map smaller so it should run easier. If it doesn't that would be wierd. I say go for it. It should be faster.

C

Chele

I think it does indeed run faster. I am creating a map and for testing I reduced its size to the minimum and it seems to load considerably faster.

Kitt

Reaction score
I thought so. I just wanted to make sure, before deciding one way or another. Thanks for the help ^^

Mrow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.