Restore life every x seconds | Damage undead

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Since just saying in title "need 2 spells" wouldn't cut it (and I don't want to make 2 threads either) I made this one for 2 spells.

1. Holy Power - Deals damage to any nearby undead unit (even friendly). Since I've read that there is no such thing that would indicate that a unit is undead and that only way around that are triggers I just wanted to ask for some hints in that direction. Anyhow, this ain't the biggest of problems.
  2. Holy Energy - Restores 1% of health in AoE (aura) to non-undead units and deals damage of 1% (of their health) to undead units. I haven't really tried it out whether the "set life of unit" would do the trick but I kinda think it would enforce the health of units above 100% when healing them. And another problem is the timing - restore/deal damage every 5 seconds (cause every second would simply be imba).

I'd highly appreciate help on these 2 spells.

FireMaster

Reaction score
2- Create 2 Abilities based on the aura of the Fountain of Health(1 for healin the non-undead and other to do negative healing to undead) and then give those abilities to dummy units that will follow you hero anywhere.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
There is a problem. If it was possible i'd do that right away. Unfortunately it keeps healing continuosly, but I need once every 5 seconds. I've tried experimenting with casting time and cooldown and so on. Nothing seems to work.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
1. make a dummy spell that can target allied and enemy, make a trigger and add a condition to see if the target is undead, then just create a dummy unit when that spell is casted and cause that dummy to deal damage to the target

2. for the aura spell. make a dummy aura ability that does nothing. then make triggers like this
Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to <Your Aura>
    Actions
        Set Hero = (Learning Hero)
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
you need to make a dummy unit for the second part
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set HeroPos = (Position of Hero)
        Set HealDamageUnitGroup = (Units within 800.00 of HeroPos)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in HealDamageUnitGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is Undead) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Hero) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.01) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.01))
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_HealDamageUnitGroup) 
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_HeroPos)
that'll only work if you want one hero with this aura, if you want multiple heros to be using it, you have to make it mui

Running_dap

Reaction score
Since just saying in title "need 2 spells" wouldn't cut it (and I don't want to make 2 threads either) I made this one for 2 spells.

1. Holy Power - Deals damage to any nearby undead unit (even friendly). Since I've read that there is no such thing that would indicate that a unit is undead and that only way around that are triggers I just wanted to ask for some hints in that direction. Anyhow, this ain't the biggest of problems.
  2. Holy Energy - Restores 1% of health in AoE (aura) to non-undead units and deals damage of 1% (of their health) to undead units. I haven't really tried it out whether the "set life of unit" would do the trick but I kinda think it would enforce the health of units above 100% when healing them. And another problem is the timing - restore/deal damage every 5 seconds (cause every second would simply be imba).

I'd highly appreciate help on these 2 spells.

Make a triggered spell based on e.x. "Roar" and use this to check if the units around the caster are undead:

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within RANGE of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is Undead) Equal to True)  and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (???) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic

u can use the same trigger for the second spell, but u have to use it twice in a since trigger so that i will check if the units are living or undead.
imo the "set life to (current life of unit)+5%" would work just fine. About the "every 5 seconds", why not using a "wait 5 seconds" command?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.