Save/Load Code Problem!!

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

ive been making a game where the name of your hero is decided when you first get the hero, but then i want each time you load the hero for it to have the same name. The thing is, when im using a save load code, the whole thing is in integers, so i cant convert the name into integers and then back out again.
any help would be appreciated :S

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
how exactly would i use that in the save/load code, because im not exactly a master of that coding, and ive copied another code and am making modifications. How would i encrypt the heroes name in the load code?

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
WARNING!! Hand Drawn
Trigger:
  • Save Hero
    • Event
      • Map Ini....
    • Condition
    • Action
      • Set Hero_Name[1] = first hero name
      • Set Hero_Name[2] = 2nd hero name
      • And so on

Its only a short description of it :X

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
:( is there anyway for me to make it so the player can choose the heroes name? It wont actually appear on the hero, but its used as their in game name for spells and targeting etc.
If not i can probly make like 200 different names, but i'd prefer to have custom names.
ty :)

exilus4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

ive been making a game where the name of your hero is decided when you first get the hero, but then i want each time you load the hero for it to have the same name. The thing is, when im using a save load code, the whole thing is in integers, so i cant convert the name into integers and then back out again.
any help would be appreciated :S

save load system only for single player not for multi cuz when multi cant load file accpet u using a code for saving and load back the code and you will get back you hero and all item :)

dead-manakin

Reaction score
I agree with the first Idea I think that you could just make An array variable with each name being a number. Then later put that number in the load code.:)

Good Luck

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
lol ok well anyone know how to encrypt a string
can i do it by changing each letter a certain amount. ie: 2 letters down or up etc

sylvannis mb

Reaction score
ok well i made a sort of encrypter, but the encryption doesnt change. I may get round to making a changing encryptor, but for now i couldnt be bothered :(

on the plus side my game is now on track for awesomeness :D

its eragon.
I made it a mix of a rpg with save/load functionality and part risk, with cities fighting to control points and enlisting the help of mages to help with their armies.
I hope every1 loves this game when its done coz i love it already :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.