Some Trigger questions

T

tkal

I am new to this forum, so I dont know if this is a simple question or what not. I am trying to make a trigger set that will give you gas and ore equal to the value of whatever you destroy, buildings and units alike. I have most of this done. But I have been having a problem.

Conditions
Currnet player kills at least 1 Terrain Marine
Actions
Modify score for Currnet player: Add 1 Custom
Preserve trigger

Conditions
Current player Custome score is exatly 1
Actions
Modify resources for Current player: Add 50 Ore
Modify score for Player 1: Subtract 1 Custom
Preserve tirgger.

That is an example of what I have set up. The second trigger works just fine. But the first one, if Preserve tirgger is not there, the trigger is disable itself and it will work only once. If Preserve trigger is there then it will keep adding 1 to the Custome score thus triggering the add trigger indefinatly. If any one has a solution I would be most thankful.

Change the at least part of the 1st trigger to exactly, and in the 2nd trigger, at this Action:

Subtract 50 kills from current player

Marines are worth 50 "kills" which is basicly points.

Thanks for the input....unfourtunatly the problem still exists. And that is either the trigger works once or it gives you infinate minerals.

Having preserve trigger in there keeps the trigger alive so that it will have affect when you kill another marine. With it in we have infinate minerals. With it out the trigger works only once and then disables itself.

Just for giggles try setting up our trigger idea (me and Darkpoint are both working on this) on your box and you will see our problem.

If you kill more than 1 marine at the same time, Firebats, Siege tanks, for example, you will get more then 1 marine "kill". You can try setting the subtract to set instead.

Um, Ilendil, you forgot something. The problem is that when he's killed exactly one marine, regardless of his kills score, he continues to count as having killed exactly one marine until he's killed two marines. (also, btw, marines are worth 100 pts, not 50)

The only real solution here (for approximately the intended results) is:

<HR>
CONDITIONS
Current player kills score is at least 50.

ACTIONS
Modify kills for current player: subtract 50.
Modify custom for current player: add 1 custom.
Preserve trigger.
<HR>

Drawbacks: Friends, foes, and different types of troops all count for kill points. Kill points do not take into account the actual value (resources or stats) of the unit killed, but are instead based on the unit's default values.

I did an experiment, they're 100, along with scvs, probes, and drones. I think 'lings are only 50, and broodlings are 25 or so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.