Something about Blink and Condition Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys , me again , the dumb guy >< . I have a Blink question . How can I make Blink can blink to unexplored place? thanks! Oh Yeah , one more , anyone know how to make a Condition is about "An Unit must have "XXX"Ability"? Thanks!

Reaction score
Orh! Thanks! Because I'm new in map making ^_^ , Thanks ya! ur answer was so useful! :D

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Okay, first create a shockwave spell. Change missile to nothing and damage/range to zero. Then create a trigger:

A unit starts the effect of an ability

Ability being cast equal to XXX

Move caster instantly to target point of ability being cast.

You can also create some special effects and sounds...

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Code:
e: unit starts the effect of an ability
c: ability being cast equal to blink
a: set blink_pos = target point of ability being cast
   move triggering unit instantly to blink_pos
   call RemoveLocation(udg_blink_pos)
this is the most simplest triggered spell
base it from channel, its the ultimate ability for triggered spells
you can also add the blink effect

Reaction score
wait a sec , my problem havent fix . the blink doesn't have cooldown and it mess with other skills ! eg: when I casting Shockwave, It Blink . then second time i cast Shockwave again , It work Shockwave . ( I made a Corret HotKey and Cooldown setting ) anyone have an idea?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
yeah Theres A OrderID near the name of the spell If you havee to spells same order id [things don't work like you have noticed]
so what you need to do is change it to some skill you hero dosent have like Avatar or one thats not used[in my opinion] Unavatar it should still work and you skills will fire separately YAY! you are such the genus heres a cookie

Reaction score
yeah Theres A OrderID near the name of the spell If you havee to spells same order id [things don't work like you have noticed]
so what you need to do is change it to some skill you hero dosent have like Avatar or one thats not used[in my opinion] Unavatar it should still work and you skills will fire separately YAY! you are such the genus heres a cookie

o_O , I din found order ID but i found order String o_O and there are 4 of them o_O . all of them are "None"

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Bleh
Text - Order String - Turn On CHANGE THIS FIELD
i found that in a quote cause i dont have WE :p

Reaction score
LOL? then how come you know so much about WE? Dude , it changed that field , still haven't fixed -.-

CaptDeath

Reaction score
so instead of firing the skill you click on it fires a diff skill?
& btr thing to say is Used to have

Reaction score
lol , my blink was fixed , it doesn't mess le , but now cooldown still not working ( means no cooldown ) -.-

and I tried a Trigger stop function , but it was like .. need use two time only have cooldown -.- . this is my trigger :

Event - Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
Actions - Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Wait 2.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

(P/S : I base my Blink on Impale , I change the damage , AoE to 0 )

anyone have an idea?

Reaction score
Blink Problem 2

Hey guys! Me again ! Actually I'm not spamming , just because nobody go my old thread and my problem haven't solve , so I create a new thread , hope someone help .
My problem is : My Blink Doesn't have cooldown although I have make a 2second cooldown at object editor and I tried a Trigger stop function , but it was like .. need use two time only have cooldown -.- . this is my trigger :

Event - Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
Actions - Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Wait 2.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

(P/S : I base my Blink on Impale , I change the damage , AoE to 0 )

anyone have an idea?

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
why dont you make the blink ability based on Blink itself. so you woudnt have to trigger it.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
You have to change the cooldown on the actual ability, not in the trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.