special dungeon lighting effect?

Dirac

Reaction score
the visibility radius of that footman is obviously very low, plus those torches have that light already implemented, they're somewhere under Doodads/props

scubazoo

Reaction score
All it is is lowering the visibility radius? That can't be all it is.

Edit: There must be some triggering which brings the black mask back as well. How do I do this? I have seen a flashlight trigger which removes blackmask only in direction unit is looking, and then reapplies black mask when the unit moves or turns. How would I do this so that the vision is a radius around the unit, rather than a flashlight effect?

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 havent a lightning editor. In fact, there is only one way to change color of the environment (other then fog), which is day night color. This is a model wich give the game a very strained environment color. This usually looks ugly - since everything is tinted that particular color, including the doodads. However, if you do call setdaynightmodels(... , ... ) [not sure about code grammar, haven't coded in wc3 for a while], then the environment will be blacked out, similar to the effect created.

Dirac

Reaction score
im thinking

Every 0.1 seconds of game time
Destroy VisibilityVar
Create BlackMask effect for Player(1) across entire map
Create Visibility across (100 range of unit)
Set VisibilityVar = last created visibility modifier

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.