TD Creeps: player or neutral?

Tumult

Reaction score
In order to have more human players in my TD map i'd like to use one of the neutrals for this. So a simple question: are there any (dis)advantages to doing this? If so, what are they?

jedi8955

Reaction score
You need to assign creeps to a computer controlled slot, otherwise human players could order them around.

Unless you mean like Hostile, Hostile Extra, etc. That should work, since you can still order around those.

To my knowledge.

Tumult

Reaction score
I'm using neutral hostile atm for my creeps, and everything seems the same as when i used Player 12 for it. Just don't like to get any unexpected surprises =)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the only problem which could occur is the units running back to the position they were created which is called their "guard position". you can disable this action for certain units with the GUI action "AI - Ignore Units Guard Position".

Setharoth114

Reaction score
I've been using the four neutral players in my AoS style map, and I came across a few issues. Obviously, they did have a tendency to run back to their spawns after awhile, but you can either fix that with the GUI action mentioned above or by changing the gaurd distance in the Gameplay Constants.

Also, if you're using neutral passive, neutral victim, or neutral extra; be sure to set the alliances accordingly.

Finally, I ran into a problem where the creeps, when controled by either neutral victim or neutral extra (I didn't try neutral hostile or neutral passive), would run away if they got attacked by a tower. Was never able to solve this problem except by unchecking the box that says "is a building" on my towers.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
It's best to use a player slot because neutral players generally have a different AI. However, you can change this AI with triggers to behave like a normal player. If you need all 12 slots, use a neutral player, else use a player slot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.