The Evil... Is coming...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
To lean AWAY from the off-topic conversation :) Here's more map info. These are the five classes, with their possibilities to upgrade to, for the Adventurer.

You see, unlike DD, I wanted to make the Adventurer the main character, the main focus. Well, in DD he still is pretty important, but the idea of magically getting a hero from another building didn't appeal to me. So, you may build whatever you desire, and then choose your life's path. Each path has a different set of abilities, advantages and disadvantages. (Please see the note about Underground players in Post 1) Anyway, here are the 5 classes, with the types of heroes you can upgrade to.

-Militia (Fighter class)
--Squire (Melee)
---Knight (Offensive Melee)
---Defender (Defensive Melee)
--Archer (Ranged)
---Arcane Archer (Magical Ranged Combat)
---Sharp Shooter (Best Ranged Combat)
--Monk (Martial Arts)
---Dragon Disciple (Aerial Martial Artist)
---Order of the Stone Fist (Powerful Melee Martial Arts)

-Wiccan (Mage class)
--Illusionist (Trickster)
---Enchanter (Support Magic)
---Mimic Mage (Shape Change Magic)
--Evoker (Battle Magic)
---Battle Mage (Melee Magic)
---Elementalist (Element-Based Combat Magic)
--Conjurer (Summoner)
---Planar Sorcerer (Planes Magic)
---Summoner (Summon Magic)

-Deacon (Worship class)
--Priest (Healer)
---Exorcist (Anti-Evil Caster)
---High Priest (Powerful Healer)
--Cleric (Support)
---Battle Cleric (Combat Support)
---Prophet (Knowledge Combat)
--Paladin (Combat)
---Holy Champion (Anti-Evil Combat)
---War Paladin (Powerful Army Support Combat)

-Wanderer (Naturist class)
--Barbarian (Fast Melee Combat)
---War Mongerer (Stronger Melee Combat)
---Beast Fighter (Beast-Like Combat)
--Druid (Nature Spell Caster)
---Druid of the Grove (Nature Caster)
---Druid of the Sky (Weather Caster)
--Ranger (Hunter)
---Hunter (Trapper)
---Tamer (Control And Supports Beasts)

-Rogue (Underground class)
--Theif (Money Gainer)
---Pick Pocket (Sneaky Theif)
---Mugger (Stronger Theif)
--Shadow Walker (Sneaky Combat)
---Assassin (Kill Combat)
---Informant (Disguise and Spy)
--Shadow Mind (Shadowy Spell Caster)
---Shadow Master (Master of Shadow Spells)
---The Shadow (Becomes a Shadow, Obtained the Shadow-Like Abilities of a Shadow)

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Shouldnt the Battle mage use Battle Magic?

And perhaps the Evoker could be like the mimic mage, but his spells effect enemies (e.g frog form), and the mimic mage's spells affect allies (e.g giant form)?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Evoker's actually create materials with their magic. Slightly different concept :p

And basically Melee Magic = Battle Magic, I was being "politically correct" about it :D

There's also a 6 possible class going around that I have to think over and talk to with my idea slave, Shadowy Fear :D But I didn't want anyone to get their hopes up to see it if we're not even sure it'll be in there.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I've been considering professions to add to the uniqueness of the main characters. That way, for every class, you can choose from the list of professions. However :p I've seen this done a few times before, and it's usually VERY imbalanced, so I'd have to work at that :) Naturally, anything you craft you can sell in Merra which will be a huge town filled with shops and other things.

Like a few side quests ;)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Whaah epic map dont sound good if i want to play this some day :banghead:
make it medium or llarge add beutiful nature and good quests. Post pictures of your landscape i want to see it i hope it will be awsome not some avarage w3 map.

will be continiued....

DM Cross

Reaction score
I wanted it epic because DD always seemed too crowded. People always built with each other on accident, due to the lack of available spots (especially in a full game of 9) So, I'm trying to make mine a little bigger :D

This also means things like the time in a full day will be increased. Days and nights will not go by in a matter of 3 minutes :p Not a HUGE amount of time, but not quick, either.

I'll post screenshots when I have them :D I'm currently WORKING on the terrain. I was hoping people would submit ideas for items, abilities for the heroes (which you can view in one of the posts above this) or just ideas in general :) I never turn down anything unless I simply can't use it.

Lol, well I hope my terrain is a little better then average too :p So that makes two of us ;)

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
If the map is going to be Epic I think it would be a good idea if 2 players are 'Evil' to begin with.

Or the 'Evil' player's first kill should be quite easy so theres enough players on evil side to cope with the huge map.

Or perhaps the 'Evil' player gets a group of evil things of some sort to help them scout and attack?

I'd also like to donate some ideas:

For the rogue class, I have a couple of names - Vagrant, Stalker, Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Outlaw, Vagabond.

DM Cross

Reaction score
First off, the Evil player gets TWO teams :D His adventurer, and "The Evil" army. Each Evil will have a base of operations in the map. Dracula will be in one area, while the Wolf man is in another place. There will be a "base" building that can train units like the Farms in DD do. They can also build more buildings to expand the power of the evil army. Plus the Adventurers regular army.

Please note that not a lot of this is actually DONE, or been tested, so it's all subject to change :D

-Also-

Also, the Adventurer form of the Evil player will be able to Corrupt the people of Merra, so that at night, they turn into minions.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Ok what stops me (the evil guy) from just saying F-CK stealth and start building my "evil city" in the middle of everything and going mass slaughter with no stealth once so ever?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Oh right ok.

If someone is dracula will their 'base' spawn things like vampires and bats?

Oh, and if you decide to add the profession system then I'd like to give you some ideas:

Fishing, Mining, Weapon Crafting, Spell Making, Vehicle Constructing.

And it would be cool if you had to collect materials before being able to mak your profession's product, like to make a Weapon you'd need to get and iron blade and a hilt, or for a vehicle you'd need wheels, chassi etc.

DM Cross

Reaction score
MasterOfABCs said:
Ok what stops me (the evil guy) from just saying F-CK stealth and start building my "evil city" in the middle of everything and going mass slaughter with no stealth once so ever?

The evil bases are pre positioned :D You don't get to pick where that pops up. However, you can choose to build your usual town and attack other people, but you're going to screw yourself over that way.

And for the first night (at least) you CANNOT turn into your evil form. However, you can Corrupt, still, so night 1 should be used for building up a bit of an army, or just going into Merra and Corrupting the people and getting a small army.

Plus, you won't be allowed to build in Merra :D You're supposed to run FROM it, not INTO it :p

Nox: Yeah, Dracula will get Vampires, Bats, and whatever else I think a Vampire should have under his command :D

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
ok so i now i have my base in a preslected spot, im n00blar 600, so i dont even build a decoy town, and focus all my resources/time into my evil tech tree, but since these guy (good guys) are getting begining heros and trying to survive while im creating my army of doom, in a matter of minutes i have about 20-30 monsters and my hero, 4 mins into the game, wait for night fall, and rush every one game over all ne one had eas a level 3 hero and a camp fire. seems to easy or am i missing somthing?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Alexander said:
And for the first night (at least) you CANNOT turn into your evil form.

Alexander also said days + nights will be longer than 3 minutes, so you cant destroy everyone within minutes of the game.

P.S Alexander, When will you be testing this? I'd love to test it :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes you are :p

1) Evil players have to build their base up, just like an adventurer. The only thing preplaced is the BASE building (Base building, like a Town Hall in melee games?) not the ENTIRE THING! :p

2) If you concentrate solely on your Evil town, you're missing out on a second army.

3) If you have no regular town, people will suspect you. For the first day, the first night, and second day, you will be stuck as an Adventurer with everyone else knowing you're the Evil because your town doesn't exist, so you must be putting money into something else :p They're going to rush YOU and kill YOU.

4) The map is big enough where you can hide your base and it may take some time to find another player :D

However, thank you for trying to find a glitch in my idea :D It allows me to think up a solution, thus making the game better before I even get to that one part.

-Nox-

At least someone pays attention to what I post! THANK YOU! :D

And when I get the game up to a running-point, I plan on closed beta testing the living hell out of it :D So yes, I will deffinately call for testers! However, still in the terrain stages, and as a matter of fact, I've been working on the mountain area all day!

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Hmm, i thinks Its Full Proofs, in a game like this one unbalanced unit can makea big difference :D Good luck!

DM Cross

Reaction score
You mean Fool Proof? And right now, the IDEA may seem that way, but I'm sure the game will actually be full of fools :p I'll just have to work that much harder! :D

Now that I'm back from my ride in my aunt's convertible, BACK TO THE EDITATION!

DM Cross

Reaction score
NoxMortus said:
Oh, and if you decide to add the profession system then I'd like to give you some ideas:

Fishing, Mining, Weapon Crafting, Spell Making, Vehicle Constructing.

And it would be cool if you had to collect materials before being able to mak your profession's product, like to make a Weapon you'd need to get and iron blade and a hilt, or for a vehicle you'd need wheels, chassi etc.

That is the general idea I had behind it :p There will also be a few Prestige Professions, which are basically upgrades. The General ones can be used by ANY class, Mage Fighter, whatever. But a few, like Scroll Scribing will be more exclusive to the Mage and/or Holy areas. Stuff like that :)

(Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see that edit til now)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Perhaps you could add a 'Master' class to your hero selection? :) For instance, for the Underground people, the final one could be 'Criminal Mastermind', for Naturism 'Arch Druid', for Miltia class 'Battle Commander', for the Worshipper 'Enlightener', and for the Mage class 'Arcane Wizarder' or 'Caster Almighty' :p

You could get this by getting to level 10 or whatever the max is of your specific hero, and then you could go on a quest or spend tons of money or slay a few evil minions and become the Class Master (only one mster per class --- if someone is already a master in your class, you cannot become a master, etc.)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I was thinking of each class having a Demigod type of thing at the end of the path, but then I came to a few problems:
A) Imbalances the game, since it would rival and maybe even surpass the Evil player.
B) Demigod's are a crappy concept
C) Seemed corny :p

But yeah, perhaps I'll add a Masterful version at the end...

NOTE!
You guys can try submitting a few ideas for the spells for each class. I'm not EXACTLY sure how I'm going to do them, but anything you can come up with may be used :)

Credit WILL be given

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.