The Evil... Is coming...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The Evil

It is coming. For months, the quiet village of Merra has been plagued with unrest and a dark depression. Evil has come to this village. It is tainting the people, the animals, the water, the soil, the air, everything! Feuds are coming into being. Family against family. The delicate balance of the town is being torn asunder.

You cannot allow this horror to affect your family, your own flesh and blood! Many people are moving away from the village, seeking a life of their own out in the wilds. After some deep thought, you have come to realize this is your only real option. You gather what you can carry, and set out.

Alone.

You travel for days, finally finding a place to settle down. After you set up your small home, you begin to travel back to town for supplies. But this is not the town you left. No longer is it dark and depressing. No longer are the families at each other's throats. The curse has been lifted! Overjoyed, you think about returning. That's until you hear the details.

The curse seemed to dissapate after you and a few others left town. The truth dawns on you instantly. The Evil has manifested itself in one of you. Now, thoughts of joyous return to the village are replaced with a strong instinct to return to your new home and prepare yourself, should the Evil come knocking at your door.

You return home to find, thankfully, everything as you left it. You send word to the others who left the village and find that they, too have come to the same conclusion as you. But one huge question remains.

Within whom has the Evil manifested? Who has become the Tainted One? None of the others will confess, knowing that it would lead to a war against them.

Brace yourself. The Evil is out there, and it will come for you. You must be prepared. Raise your children with all that you know. Choose your own path and learn what skills you can before the Evil truly manifests and is at it's strongest. The village will supply you with anything you can afford to buy.

Night falls. You can feel it in the air. That chill that slides up your spine. A fog comes from seemingly no where, and suddenly, the shadows look darker then you remember them ever being. A feeling of dread sinks in as soon as the realization hits you.

The Evil ... Is coming ...

The Adventurer's Point of View
Overview
Merra is a town plagued by an Evil manifestation that threatens the entire land. As a former citizen of Merra, and now an Adventurer, your goal is to travel forth from the quiet little town, into the wild and create a life of your own. But it seems as though the Evil is not limited to the village. Like you, many other citizens have moved away in hopes of escaping the Evil plague. However, it appears the Evil has fused with one of these Adventurers, and is slowly manifesting inside of them. You must do your best to fortify your new home, and while you're at it, choose your path of life. What will you be, a fighter, a mage, a worshiper of the Gods, a naturist, or will you create your own underground society? Each path has it's strength, but also holds it's weaknesses. As you advance in your chosen craft, you may teach your children to follow you, creating an army to battle the Evil.

Building
With each new building, you gain new possibilities. Smiths will allow you to create weapons for your children and yourself to arm yourselves with, while libraries will hold unlimited arcane knowledge. As you choose your path, you will notice that the buildings available to you revolve around your practice. Research, train, and forge anything and everything you can. But this is not all! Someone must obtain the resources, so don't forget to train some of your children as hard workers to harvest lumber. Gold will come as you harvest lumber, since the villagers of Merra are not much of the wood chopping type. However, a few mines are scattered around the land. Gold is easier to find it you can get to one and mine out the gold.

The Path
Though you begin your quest as a lowly Adventurer, with few talents past harvesting and building, you can use what you build to help train you and choose a path to follow in life. There are five possible choices:

The path of the Fighter.
The path of the Mage.
The path of the Worshipper.
The path of the Naturist.
The path of the Underground.

Each path has many advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to choose the path that best suits your skills.

Night time
Night time is the most dangerous time of the game. The first few nights will be safe, as the Evil is still not strong enough to physically manifest itself, but after those few short nights are up, the Evil will come in it's full strength. Use the first few nights to settle yourself and pick your path. The surrounding land is big enough so that finding you will prove a difficult task for the Evil Adventurer, but don't assume you're safe. Hurry to your defenses. Once they are secure, consider turning the tides and hunting out the Evil.

Allies
Allies are important in this game. Without them, the Evil can easily pick the Adventurers off, one by one. However, trust is in short supply without knowing who the Evil is. Ally those you trust and suspect everyone else. Your own neighbor Adventurer may be plotting your doom and you'd never know it.

Death
There are two kinds of death. If your fellow Adventurers somehow come to the belief that you are the evil, and decide you're too dangerous to have around, they may finish you off, hoping to be rid of the Evil. If you aren't the Evil, and are killed by your fellow Adventurers, you will stay in the ground and the game, for you, will be over.

However, the Evil's greatest and most terrible power is it's corrupting influence. Someone who dies to the touch of this monster will rise. Your new body will be effected by the path you choose.
Fighters will become Dread Guards, powerful and evil warriors.
Mages will become Liches, spell casters of evil, necromantic powers.
Worshippers will become Death Lords, worshippers of dark Gods and unholy abilities.
Naturists will become Hags, undead abominations that are the very opposites of their former selves.
Underground players will become Wraiths, their shadowy nature taking root in these invisible, incorpereal beings.

If you die to Evil and are ressurected, your goals will become the same as the Evil manifestations:
Kill everything.

Underground Players
Unlike most of the paths you can choose, the Underground one is not something the village of Merra supports. While this path has many, possibly more great advantages then the others, it has one huge downside. The village of Merra will protect itself against your criminal ways at any costs, so no longer will the village be safe. You will be on your own to make allies and protect yourself against the Evil.

Through Evil Eyes
Evil Intentions
You've been feeling it for months. The nagging thoughts. Your dreams are riddled with disturbing images, your friends and family twisted into hideous creatures. And above it all, is you. But not the you you are now, an evil you, a sadistic you. The you that you are becoming.

You know it's true. The Evil has sunk into you. You know you must flee before the rest of the village finds out. Luckily for you, your leaving will go unnoticed. Many of the other villagers are also running away from the village, to become Adventurers, making lives of their own. You gather your things and head out into the wilderness, praying you can hold back your evil side.

But it's not to be. The Evil is too strong. After setting up your small home, you journey even farther out, and call upon your Evil powers to ressurect a different type of home, one drenched in black, chilling energy. Satisfied with your new accomidations, you head back to the village, just in time for the sun to set.

As you wander the streets, you notice few people. You smile as you will your aura into theirs, corrupting it. The experience leaves you slightly weakened, but you're happy. Once you are strong enough, you will be able to trigger the change in these minions, and turn them into something like yourself. Until then, you must return to your home. You have Hell to raise.

Overview
If you find yourself to be the Evil, your goals are going to change quite a bit. Move as far as possible away from the town and build your regular home as an Adventurer. Then, try to find an even more barren area to raise your Evil home. As both an Adventurer and the Evil team, you will be able to build two bases, while obtaining extra gold and lumber. While you should worry about your defenses as an Adventurer, lest one of the others get suspicious, don't neglect your Evil base, either! Depending on what manifestation you are, you will be able to train units like yourself to wage war, not only on the other Adventurers, but Merra as well. After all, with the village in flames, the Adventurers will have no place to run and hide!

Building
Evil players will be allowed to build two towns. They will get their usual Adventurer techtree, along with access to the Evil's techtree. Each manifestation of Evil has different units and buildings, so it may take some time to get used to each one. The Evil is actually a separate team, so you will get extra gold income, and be allowed to train harvesters for the Evil side.

A Darker Path
Unlike the other Adventurers, you will not be given the ability to evolve into a stronger version of fighter, mage, etc. Instead, you will be able to turn into your Manifestation. The possibilities are listed below:

Dracula, a Vampire of renoun was thought to be slain. In truth, his essence escaped, and now, it's in you.
The Werewolf disease has manifested in your genetic coding, and now, like all Werewolves, you will change at night and seek the blood of your enemies.
Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde were murdered in London, but the formula was never found. Apparently, one of the merchants you've traded with over the years managed to slip it to you, and now, like Dr. Jekyl, you're addicted to the formula, wanting to feel the raw power of Hyde.
Dr. Frankenstein was a genius, if a little crazy. Though he was rumored to have perished, he managed to transfer his thoughts into another being. However, the experiment went a little awry, and the coding got all screwed up. However, due to the mind's self-repairing ability, you've regained the memory of that night, and now you know what Frankenstein wanted. A world to himself.

Allies
You're going to want to keep a low profile, especially until you can get the strength to change into your Evil manifestation. Do your best to act innocent, and don't bring attention to yourself!

Night time
While night time is dangerous to the Adventurers, it is precious to you. Night time is when you're at your strongest, but for the first few nights, you won't be strong enough to change forms. However, you are strong enough to go into town and Corrupt the other villagers. Like you, they require time to make the final step into damnation. For the first few nights, go into town and Corrupt yourself a small legion of minions.

Death (Yours and otherwise)
You don't want to die. Like the Adventurers, if you die, you're not going to come back. The game will be over, and Evil will have lost. Do your best to stay alive, even if it means running away.

However, the death of another Adventurer is good. That's your main target: The Adventurer. Being the cause of one's death won't just thin out the list of enemies, but it will even get you an ally! Adventurers that die to you in your Evil manifestation form will rise up a day later as a form of evil, themselves! They will be given new buildings and units to construct, and be able to aid you in your war against the rest of the world.

This map is a product of the Omega-Mods team, and will be hosted mainly by the Omega-Mods site. You may visit and join the Omega-Mods forum site at www.omega-mods.com

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Very well thought up. Thinking of making this a map? the only problem i see is it seems a little bit like dark deeds, great hero ideas, gameplay, target goal, this sounds pretty cool.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
i think it is a map look at the tiny writing at the bottom of his post.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Actually (seeing as he initially talked it over with me, and I am the one who introduced him to Dark Deeds [6, to be exact]), this map initially rose from the concept of Dark Deeds :D I played it with him, and then he liked the concept, but saw a lot of room for change and improvement (weevilman seems to have abandoned Dark Deeds :(), so he decided to make this :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
It should sound like Dark Deeds :) That's what inspired me. However, Weevilman has let the once amazing map fall into bugs and glitches. I intend to bring this map type back into the spotlight with this map. It won't just be building, either, you'll have a few side quests here and there, and a MUCH bigger map to explore :) Also, my Evil Manifestations should be well known, since they follow ancient stories, like Jekyl and Hyde, Dracula, and so on :)

-Also-

Yes, this is a map I am making, lol :) I'm working on the terrain as I type (actually, I'm typing as I type, but you know what I mean ;))

This map is currently Epic. I intend to have a LOT of room to explore ;)

Stay tuned, boys and girls, more to come :)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hey Nox, did you know that Alexander is an actual author? :D (hasn't published his books yet [or was it book? Or are you still writing it?], but he has showed us some peaks and allowed us to help him edit the chapters at omega-mods.com :))

I will definately ask him for help with some tooltips and storylines (or I may do them myself, as I too love to write :D), as well. He also helped conan with the loading screen for AWA, didn't he? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Shush, Shadowy, you're making me blush :D

For a taste of my WRITING, go to OM.com and on the last page of this thread, you can download the first FOUR CHAPTERS of my current book-in-editing, Corruption!

(That'll give you some background info on the Vampire Slayer game, as well)

DM Cross

Reaction score
No, but if you're going to inform me, please PM me instead :D This thread is for my new project, rofl, not book discussion :p

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Nah wasn't gonna inform you on a book in a Tech forum :p but you should read if your writign a book. by the way, for your map, you inteend to make it much like dark deeds? i must say one thing in regaurds to your mighty task ahead! you must has kick A-- music! it makes a big difference in the levels impact on people. running from a bad dude silently just isn't the same compared ot running away fomr him to some insane music :D any way, hope this turns out good, i know i'll play it i loved dark deeds, then i over played it but that's another story! good luck always! :cool:

DM Cross

Reaction score
If the editor has some good creepy music, I'll add it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you may have to make due... I don't want to import huge music files! :D

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
ahh yes i forget you make maps on a much larger scale than i do, in my map wich im curently trying to get a host for :D it is genraly small so i was able to fit in a actual track (let the bodies hit the floor!(drowning pool)) and it adds so much to the game play.

K

Killfest2

Most people can import some good music for less than 300kb, if they have the programs and the skills to make them loop without creating an annoying changeover, as well as not being too repetitive (ie. it isnt like a 10sec sound repeated, but like 2 or 3mins, which has varying effects, so it always seems to be different).

I personally get my custom music for my cinematics done by someone else, as I once tried, and totally screwed it up :p

Moral of the Story: You can get small, custom music files that sound [highlight]good.[/highlight]

If you want some good music for Warcraft III (all categorised by themes eg. adventure, horror etc.), go to Paul Houseman Music - that's my primary source for music in my cinematics, and costs nothing to download!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Larger scale? If you mean my maps are bigger then yours, then you're wrong :)

My only released map is 32x32.

If you mean larger as in gameplay, that's up to who plays it, not solely the creator :) I could play your game and say it's the BEST! GREAT! WONDERFUL! Can't get enough of it! :p While someone else might hate it and throw it away. How good a game is is a matter of opinion, so don't put yourself down :) Besides, if you're new at it, then you'll get better! ;) Just hang around this forum for awhile (and maybe omega-mods, rofl) and you'll learn tons. I was new once. Shadowy was. Conan was. Even Ryoko was :) We all were, so don't get down about it ;)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
You want good music? :D Take some wc3 music (the basic soundtracks, like Orc Theme 3 and the Pursuit Them), and then modify the pitch on them :D You can get virtually unlimited amounts of varying music with this method :)

Oh, and btw, the Tension theme is good --- set the pitch to 1.1, then play it whenever the Evil approaches an Adventurer :D

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Yes the WC3 music can be good, but to me you cant beat a guy screaming LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR whiel crazily strong infernals are spawning everywere :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
No, but you can come in for a close second by changing the pitch of the native wc3 rock song to 2.0 and then looping it over and over (preferably for a dwarf/gnome/midget FFA lol :D). It is SO hilarious when you change the pitch to 2.O :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.