Town Portal Diablo Style

kungfuturte0

Reaction score
Hi i have created an item called scroll of town portal (if you have played diablo you will understand all of this). This is a 'dummy' item and doesnt do anything. Next, when the item is used, a portal is created at postion of the unit who uses it. Then the unit is automatically ordered to move to the portal. Then the unit is teleported to the town where another portal is created.Now i need help. I need to know how:

To make it when the unit clicks the portal or comes into a small range of the unit, the unit is teleported back to the old portal. Then both portals are destroyed. (I am not very good at creating variables and im sure they are my answers).

Also i am having trouble with the portals. they are in charges so when you buy one or pick up a drop you get one. I then want it so that when another 1is aquired in the inventory, the items combine. Therefore instead of having 2 town portals that say 1 charge, you have 1 town portal with 2 charges.

Any help appreicates and credit will be left on my map. Rep + too :)

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
For this:
Also i am having trouble with the portals. they are in charges so when you buy one or pick up a drop you get one. I then want it so that when another 1is aquired in the inventory, the items combine. Therefore instead of having 2 town portals that say 1 charge, you have 1 town portal with 2 charges.
You do:
Code:
item check
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
    Actions
        Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +15) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +15) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +15)) + 1)
            Else - Actions
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Hero - Give (Item being manipulated) to (Triggering unit)
                Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
frozenwind.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
a unit is ordered targeting point if its in range then teleport

SaintMorose

Reaction score
When you create these portal make sure their owner is the player who summoned them.
Create an 2 unit-array variables (Lets say there names are PortalA and PortalB) and when the dummy portals are created store them as PortalA(PlayerNumber(TriggeringPlayer)) and PortalB(PlayerNumber(TriggeringPlayer))

That way you can condition check that only allies may use them and check that when the owner uses the portal in the base both dummyportals can be destroyed.

Also when creating portals you can remove any that the player had preiously summoned easily.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Just use Waygates with a Town Portal model. I'm sure if you can't find one then you can request it somewhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.