Unique Object Editor Bug

FlashDeath

Reaction score
Alright, this is probably the most weird bug I've seen in world editor. I'll try my best to explain clearly. I added a map into a campaign and enter the object editor for that map. I created a custom ability base on searing arrow and saw this long list of Data -. It appears that this ability has the data of all ability. I deleted this custom ability and created another ability base on banish. The same thing happens. I've repeated this process and the same thing happens. So, I restarted World Editor, and created a whole new map. I enter the object editor and repeated what I've done, but nothing extraordinary happens.

So I concluded that this bug appears in maps that have been added to a campaign, and not on stand alone maps. Anybody knows what happened?

Sorry for not including screenshots, I don't wish to register account for any image hosting website [lazy]

8uY_YoU

Reaction score
Woah..
Yes.. There is very useful.. But im afraid that will cause an error in game..

I have one bug too in trigger editor

1. Create an "if then else" action
2. Add a condition to it (whatever)
3. Change "if then else" action to "for to do (loop)" action
4. See the number 2 condition

Note: the "if then else" and "for to do (loop)" must the multiple action (not only one line action)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I deleted some of the crap in this thread.

This is an interesting World Editor bug. If you're going to post, make sure it's related to that.

This is interesting non-the-less. Though I'm sure I've seen something like this before... :rolleyes:

Randor244

Reaction score
Have you actually tried and seen if it do causes an error in the game? Because I'm very curious ;)

Offtopic: You rules TH with an iron hand, Romek :D

FlashDeath

Reaction score
Hmm, I haven't actually tried in-game, because I'm using newgen.. and newgen doesn't work when it comes to campaign.

I think I'll try it later this day, but I have to disable all of my triggers first.
Anyway at first when I see this weird bug, I thought it would be pretty useful. But after thinking through, what does "number of waves" have got to do with summoning a wolf? I think I'll further test it out before making a conclusion.

EDIT: Maybe you all could try it too, but I'm not sure whether I'm the only one with this bug. Go and make a whole new campaign and add some maps in. Right click on the added map and click 'edit map'. Go to the object editor and try making a custom ability.

FlashDeath

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, since this is the result of my 'experiment', I've decided to use a new post.

Alright, sorry for the bad news, it doesnn't work. The skill simply doesnt appear in game.

Randor244

Reaction score
orry for double posting, since this is the result of my 'experiment', I've decided to use a new post.

Alright, sorry for the bad news, it doesnn't work. The skill simply doesnt appear in game.
Have you tried making a spell that really makes sense? Like a carrion swarm with stun effect? Just wondering :p

FlashDeath

Reaction score
Have you tried making a spell that really makes sense? Like a carrion swarm with stun effect? Just wondering :p

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think it works. Since this bugged 'carrion swarm' also includes number of waves, and other non-related data which doesn't make sense, I don't think it will work.

Randor244

Reaction score
Could you post a screenshot of your OE? :D

I'm very curious, even though I can see in fromt of myself exactly how it looks I just want to see it, well in reality ;)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it's an .slk mess up. I've done some testing ages ago with adding extra fields to abilities, in particular integrating upgrade fields with abilities. All I can say is that it'll probably end in disaster, I ended up screwing up the entire war3 mpq :D

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I think it's just impossible to work.

A typical car is built to drive on land. Even if there's a switch that says 'fly', it won't fly no matter how much you press it. Same goes to the abilities. They are scripted to do something. If there's something extra, I don't think it will do anything even if you change the field to whatever you want.

Randor244

Reaction score
Yes of course - the problem is the game engine.
Though if it could be hacked in some way... :D :D

voltaicbore

Reaction score
I have this problem as well... I have the FT world editor, and my game is patched up to 1.21 (currently applying 1.23a). I opened my campaign/maps one day, and all my custom abilities had waaaay too many fields. If I'm not mistaken, I think every data field possible shows up.

The only change I made (before this weird bug popped up) was that I added my standalone maps to a campaign.

Haven't been able to find a workaround to this situation yet. Anyone else have better luck?

EDIT: Never mind this thread has a really easy fix. Seems all I have to do is export everything, and re-import all the data. Hope it works...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.