Wel.. so im trying to make a spell: Enrage. Help needed!

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Already changed it to Attacking unit right after i posted that triggering unit post. :p

What u mean with the level of Enrage stuff can ya code it to me?

EDIT: Someone is gonna make the spell for me, i guess. so.. you won't have 2 if u already read this.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Alright, I tested and tried out my trigger, and it works just as expected--perfectly, except sometimes that the buff lasted a lot shorter than expected because of the stacking wait timers. This is an exact copy of my trigger in my editor.

Code:
Enrage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of Enrage  for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 25
    Actions
        If ((Level of Enrage (damage) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0) then do (Unit - Remove Enrage (damage) from (Attacking unit)) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Add Enrage (damage) to (Attacking unit)
        Unit - Set level of Enrage (damage) for (Attacking unit) to (Level of Enrage  for (Attacking unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\BattleRoar\RoarCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove Enrage (damage) from (Attacking unit)

Looks almost identical my my other one. :p Goodluck man, I hope you get it to work.

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Alright, I tested and tried out my trigger, and it works just as expected--perfectly, except sometimes that the buff lasted a lot shorter than expected because of the stacking wait timers. This is an exact copy of my trigger in my editor.

Code:
Enrage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of Enrage  for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 25
    Actions
        If ((Level of Enrage (damage) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0) then do (Unit - Remove Enrage (damage) from (Attacking unit)) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Add Enrage (damage) to (Attacking unit)
        Unit - Set level of Enrage (damage) for (Attacking unit) to (Level of Enrage  for (Attacking unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\BattleRoar\RoarCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove Enrage (damage) from (Attacking unit)

Looks almost identical my my other one. :p Goodluck man, I hope you get it to work.

Does it work for 9 levels? ahh wait i test ;D

EDIT:I get loads of errors if i add it to my trigger list.
Can ya send the map to me?

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Well.. First of all, yes it does work with the 9 levels. You can't straight up copy and paste my trigger into your editor, you need to re-make it customly yourself, otherwise you'll get errors such as my spell isn't in your editor. :p

I'll make a map when I get the time, first I have some obligations to fulfill.. Gimme a few hours.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Ok, I have a test map, it's very poor quality, but it gets the job done. You can type in any number to level up, it has a built-in insta respawner, and, of course, an ability trigger as well. The ability/trigger works as intended, but like I stated earlier, the stacking wait timers causes it to not last it's full duration, and I advise using a different technique for this spell--if you're satisfied, that's great.. If you want an alternate trigger, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: I've formulated a new way to attain what you need, it works perfectly--the 25%, lasts 30 seconds always, correct damage, everything. However, it requires a dummy unit, and two(with more time and concentration, can probably make it into one) triggers to work properly, thus it takes up more memory.. With relation to the old trigger, I(personally) would much rather take the new one, as an ability that doesn't work as it should drives me to insanity.

Attachments

• Crusader test map.w3x
    21.1 KB · Views: 84

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Ya thats very nice, ya can make it so of its already used the animation [Roar] don't show again? if its already working.

Can you do that?

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Well, then you won't know when it procs again, but yes--I can make that.. Would you like me to re-post the map, or just state the changes within the trigger?

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Well, then you won't know when it procs again, but yes--I can make that.. Would you like me to re-post the map, or just state the changes within the trigger?

If ya could just make a Screenshot of the trigger {Cause Custom text is anoyying} and upload to imageshack and post here or map please.

Custom text won't help me ^^:thup:

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Oh, odd request, but alright. I've attached an updated form of the map, with the spell animation that you asked for, and the other two triggers that could also make the ability work, if it's more desirable. The other ones (Enrage Other and Enrage Other Start) should be either initially off, or disable--the original one is still enabled and initially on, if you wish to test the others, keep Enrage Other enabled, but initially off, and set Enrage Other Start both enabled, and initially on; furthermore, set "Enrage" to disabled. Hope this didn't confuse you too much. :(

EDIT: Sigh, now I feel like a fool--the map is there now, sorry. :L

Attachments

• Crusader test map.w3x
    22.3 KB · Views: 87

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Oh, odd request, but alright. I've attached an updated form of the map, with the spell animation that you asked for, and the other two triggers that could also make the ability work, if it's more desirable. The other ones (Enrage Other and Enrage Other Start) should be either initially off, or disable--the original one is still enabled and initially on, if you wish to test the others, keep Enrage Other enabled, but initially off, and set Enrage Other Start both enabled, and initially on; furthermore, set "Enrage" to disabled. Hope this didn't confuse you too much. :(

Where the hell is the attachment? ^^

BarzahdX

Reaction score
It's pretty much a waste to post this--but I edited it to my last post, incase you didn't notice.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
I don't think so, he needs static damage, a pure value, I thought roar was %? Or are you saying making a trigger to sense if he has the roar buff every second, and remove/add appropriately? That sounds like a nice idea, but then it would be an orb effect, I don't know if he want's it to be orb or not.

Or if it's something else I'm unaware of, do tell. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.