Westboro Baptist Church ordered to pay $10.9 million for funeral protest

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
BALTIMORE, Maryland (AP) -- A grieving father won a nearly $11 million verdict Wednesday against a fundamentalist Kansas church that pickets military funerals in the belief that the war in Iraq is a punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.

Albert Snyder of York, Pennsylvania, sued the Westboro Baptist Church for unspecified damages after members demonstrated at the March 2006 funeral of his son, Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, who was killed in Iraq.

The jury first awarded $2.9 million in compensatory damages. It returned later in the afternoon with its decision to award $6 million in punitive damages for invasion of privacy and $2 million for causing emotional distress.

More Westboro Baptist Church ordered to pay $10.9 million for funeral protest ?

----------------
The Westboro Baptist church is the God Hates Fags church. Finally the courts have done something about these people demonstrating at funerals. Finally.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If its there, then God MUST of made it, ya think?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Pity their march/time/effort is for nothing as their view is wrong.

I am sad that Westboro decided to march at that guys funeral. Theres no respect there.

kc102 said:
If its there, then God MUST of made it, ya think?
Honestly? I think God was disgusted at this as well.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Stupid hardcore Bible Bashers. I have nothing wrong with people and thier religions, but if they try and force their views on me they will regret it.

Agreed, believe in whatever the hell you want, but don't try to force me to see things as you see, and believe in things that you believe in. I'll make that decision myself.

Kinda back on topic: I watched a T.V. special about these guys, I think it was called the Most Hated family in America, or something along those lines, completely disgusted me with the human race, and our potential for reasoning, or, compassion. Fully deserved victory.

JuffoWup

Reaction score
You can't reason with those religious fuck-ups, I say kill them all, or at least take away some of their citizenship rights, as these people are obviously severely mentally impaired and not capable of thinking for themselves.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.