What Should my Save/lead System Store

wewso

Reaction score
So Im making a Save/Load system right now and I was wondering what data would you want to save and load if you played an RPG or some kind of strategy.

Also how many symbols do you prefer to have in the code.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Lol...

Items, gold, wood, hero level

Odd thread, considering it all depends on what you got in your map and how it should be.
Can you choose a hero again after you have loaded the "character"?
Do you want to store the quests completed? Or do you want them to be uncompleted the next time they play, so they can be complete the same quests over and over again? Col.

wewso

Reaction score
And how many symbols do you prefer to have in the code? Do you think that 13 is too much? It will stg like this>> d-Ac3S-gKi7-67fT

With 13 Symbols I can store:
Gold up to 9999
Lumber up to 9999
Hero Level up to 99
Items at all slots (if there are less than 99 item types)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
And how many symbols do you prefer to have in the code? Do you think that 13 is too much? It will stg like this>> d-Ac3S-gKi7-67fT

With 13 Symbols I can store:
Gold up to 9999
Lumber up to 9999
Hero Level up to 99
Items at all slots (if there are less than 99 item types)

i'll say that you should add 20 symbols in your code then it'll be like this 2hYi-aYrt-u4P9-7q2J-UhK5 or something like it, and it got a really big difference chance

wewso

Reaction score
Well with 20 symbols I can have:

Gold 0-99999
Lumber 0-99999
hero Level 0-99
6 Items 0-99 (99 is max # of item types)
Hero type 0-99
Int. 0-99
Agi. 0-99
str. 0-99
Dmg. 0-99

Reaction score
you should make it customisable so we can add our own stuff.

but the ones u listed are the main ones so gj if it works

Ormagon

Reaction score
for an orpg the save code should only save hero lvl expirience items abillities gold and wood depending on the rpg cause some prefer to have wood a reward from a dungeon that u need to complete in 1 game and gather a certain amount so you can buy an item but meh wood is never bad anyways

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Man i think u should have gold,lumber,items(higher then 99 like 500 or sumthing)attributes(up to 500), abilitys. Becuz im making an rpg and that would make my rpg perfect. In my rpg im gunna have way more then 99 items maybe not right now but when its done... i dont need it to beable to save much lumber the max lumber u can save should b 500 (thats max lvl and u get a lumber every time u lvl) One last thing when u start out u have 1 of every stat and every time u lvl u press esc and choose what attribute u want to raise then it goes up by 1. (no this is not like master crafters) Its called worlds rpg. So if u could make it do that, thad b awsome id give u credit for it an everything. the link for it is http://epicwar.com/maps/52910/ Anyways good luck :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.