whats wrong with the pet?

D

dunpealx4

i started to play wow just last week. i only have a level 7 bloodelf warlock. my brother has a level 70 undead warlock. hes outta town, so i use his character for fun. i just wanna show off and do some PVP. but every time i summon the big giant stony guy with green fire, it attacks me too. it kills me so many times. what the hell is that? someone mind controls or charms it? do you lose XP/gold/items every time you die? i hope not, my brother is gonna kill me.

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
Its an Infernal summon, there are pets that are automaticly under the warlocks control like:

The imp: Deals strong damage but is fragile so it dies easy.

Void: Main tank, which means it can take a lot of damage without dying. (this one is my favorite)

Succubus: This one can "seduce" the target and make it not attack you for a little while, also deals some good damage and can turn invisable.

Felhunter: Its an anti-spellcaster pet and also lets you see invisible units better.

and Felgaurd: You can only get this guy if you spent your talent points (that you start to get at level 10) in Demonology, very strong and a tankish. Never played a warlock that far so I'm not sure how well it tanks.

The reason you are dying is because when you summon the big rock guy it is not automatically under your control. You need to cast Enslave demon to have it under your control for a period of time. The infernal won't stay under your control forever, but you can keep using enslave demon to keep it under control. Every time you cast Enslave demon on it, it will last shorter.

And no, you will not loose gold/XP/items from dying from it. However your armor will loose durability, wich means that after constantly dying from it your armor will "break" and you need to spend gold to fix it. So I suggest not dying anymore because it cost a lot of gold to fix armor at level 70.

Have fun playing your warlock and I hope I helped a little.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Oh, and the "big rock guy" is named Infernal. You can also get another "big" pet by completing the Ritual Of Doom. Or using Curse Of Doom, which has a 10% chance the other "big" pet. The pet I am talking about is the Doomguard. (some of you might remember it from wc3)

D

dunpealx4

so is the doomguard stronger than inferno? where can you get the void? i google searched void, its in the stormwind city. omg, i am in Silvermoon city, Eversong. its like 1000 miles away. any other place i can get the void?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
so is the doomguard stronger than inferno? where can you get the void? i google searched void, its in the stormwind city. omg, i am in Silvermoon city, Eversong. its like 1000 miles away. any other place i can get the void?

lol, dude come the feck down :p

WoW (to me at least) was always the funnest when i tried to do new thigns and figure it out on my own, try doing the same :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The infernal is something to avoid, trust me ;)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
>The infernal is something to avoid, trust me

-- Not compared to what Eva that thing is called in artic mountain level 72 ultimate it tock us hours to kill the bloody thing I don’t play wow anymore so names might not be right

Asehujiko

Reaction score
@ juty: TBH we have no idea wtf you are talking about. There is no place that has a name even close to "artic mountain" and we have no idea what "lvl 72 ultimate"(i assume that with ultimate you mean elite) you are talking about.

@ dunpeal: First, don't try to show off by having a lvl 70, especialy if it isn't yours. 90% of the population has one already and they leveled it themselves. Second, all quests have a horde and an alliance version. If i recall correctly, the horde is in orgrimmar. The fastest way to get there is to take the teleport from silvermoon to undercity and then a zeppelin from there to orgrimmar. Before you can start it you need to be lvl 10 and have done the pre-q which is given by the warlock trainer in eversong woods.

D

dunpealx4

i am lvl 12 now, and i am getting the voidwalker in undercity. i wonder if i should spend gold on its upgrade. or i should get the next pet asap like succubus or felguard. what du think? should i keep the voidwalker and spend a lot of gold on its new spell or upgrades, or save my gold for my next pet?

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Voidwalker in my opinion is the best pet until u get the felhunter, so yes, buy the upgrades.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
DoomGuard > Infernal, Infernals are under your control only tempeorarly same as Doomguardd after that you must cast Enslave Demon. Felguards are good at dealing damage and tank somewhat but at 70 warlocks that are demo can tank better than it 14k life 20% total damage reduced is not a joke.

Doomguards take 5 people to summon and also kills one of them. Those summons are good for dealing with like a 5 man quest where you can maintain control for the whole fight.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
i am lvl 12 now, and i am getting the voidwalker in undercity. i wonder if i should spend gold on its upgrade. or i should get the next pet asap like succubus or felguard. what du think? should i keep the voidwalker and spend a lot of gold on its new spell or upgrades, or save my gold for my next pet?

Get training for everything. They all have their own uses, thats why you are able to train your pets.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Succubus = PvP GODS!

SEDUCE!!!!!! hahaha

Then fellpuppy for spell-lock and anti-rogue

If you go demonology you'll get the felgaurd. They're good pets, like mini-warriors.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
And ever since pets scale with their masters and warriors don't get any gear to scale with(dps itemization in kara), they will soon be better then warriors in pvp anyway. The only thing we can reliably beat now are rogues and if we get lucky, priests.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
@ juty: TBH we have no idea wtf you are talking about. There is no place that has a name even close to "artic mountain" and we have no idea what "lvl 72 ultimate"

Alteric mountain? wow take a chill pill man your making a fool of yourself and looking like the moron here and not him and the others.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
It's actually spelled Alterac Mountains. And Asehujiko was right, there is no 72 ultimate, and no artic mountains.

Rad

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is that the white dragon? Seems familiar and thats the only boss I saw in the brief period I played WoW. I adventured alot (usually to my death)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.