1/4 sized game

sithin

Reaction score
ok yeah title doesnt explain shit.

basicly im in the middle of maken an rpg, and i try and think BIG! however an idea poped into my head, because of the map size limits being only 300 x 300 max (452 if u want to hack it wich iv heard is lagy n shit), insted of maken the map bigger why not make everything smaller? whata you guys think?
e.g have every unit and doodad be 0.25 of there normal size and a zoomed in camera.

my man consern is would editing pritty much every model i use to .25 ratio increase the map kb size?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
It wont increase map size or anything but trust me, you dont want to do it, Use Newgen (It isnt a hacking program) with limits of 480 camera bounds.
Terrain looks SOOO ugly when zoomed in, thats why my worldwide game isnt so realistic (footman the sizes of states in comparison)

sithin

Reaction score
haha yeah i allready use newgen, and the tiles do look ugly, how ever this wont increase the kb even a tiny bit?

emilemil1

Reaction score
If the models you edit will be exported - minimized - imported, then you will have a increased size, if you just edit the unit/doodad sizes, I don't think the map size will be affected.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Please, don't scale by .25. It will make the units seem FAR smaller than 1/4.

Don't scale by more than .5, it will still make the map essentially 4 times as big. And try not to make this your first finished project; not to sound negative, but I've myself began like 5 large projects that I've spent tenths or hundreds of ours on each just to realize it won't become anything.

Rather, if it's an RPG, try to make a smaller version first, like a prequel or something.

user_file.php

Pic related, rifleman scaled to .5, 1, and .25 from left to right. .25 really isn't felt as 1/4, since it's 1/4 height, width, and depth (essentially 1/64 volume).

sithin

Reaction score
yeah i plan just to open one island to the beta, to get people interested then just go on from there if they like it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.