100% evasion skill

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
It's the same as using Berserk, no? Unless he's using another Berserk spell somewhere in his map, then I guess using Wind Walk would be okay.
I think the only difference is that your event has to be "Begins casting an ability" rather than "Starts the effect of an ability".

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Another alternative would be, if you don't mind, to use only Berserk.

Set the damage taken value to any negative number. To use negative number, hold SHIFT and double click the field you want to change. Set it to, say, -1.

It will take zero damage. Does not work the same as Evasion, but at least saves the trouble.

> Making spellbook makes it unlevelable

Ability in Spellbook is levelable. Even if the Spellbook is disabled.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I think the only difference is that your event has to be "Begins casting an ability" rather than "Starts the effect of an ability".

I don't understand this. Berserk works the same way as Wind Walk. No cast animation is required to cast it. It's an instant cast with no casting delay.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I'd rather go with Berserk and trigger the transparency rather than using Wind Walk, since Wind Walk is fading over the duration, instead of instantly applying your desired transparency.
If you have other triggers using Vertex coloring, how do you avoid a conflict (e.g. a slowing aura turning units blue or poison turning units green)?
I don't understand this. Berserk works the same way as Wind Walk. No cast animation is required to cast it. It's an instant cast with no casting delay.
I actually have no idea. I once read that you should check for Wind Walk with "Begins Casting..." than "Starts the effect of..." but after double checking in the World Editor just now I could find no difference.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> how do you avoid a conflict

I still don't see the problem. That reason doesn't seem... valid enough. If this is true, then any map at all should not have Wind Walk? Or am I not getting you correctly? Edit: I got you wrongly.

'Begins casting...' is when the unit, well, begins casting. 'Starts the effect..' is when the ability already casted and the unit has completed its casting animation and paid the mana consumed. The difference is apparent when it comes to spamming the stop button, which allows the unit to save its mana and still get the ability casted.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
> how do you avoid a conflict

I still don't see the problem. That reason doesn't seem... valid enough. If this is true, then any map at all should not have Wind Walk? Or am I not getting you correctly? Edit: I got you wrongly.

He means, when you change the Vertex coloring through triggers, you automatically change ALL values: RGB and transparency. Say, in one trigger, you turn targets blue, and set the values to something like,
Red: 0% Green: 0% Blue: 100% Transparency: 0%
Then, you use the ability and trigger the transparency, and set the values to:
Red: 100% Green: 100% Blue: 100% Transparency: 30%
Now, when the unit is under the effect of the spell, the blue glow on him is removed. If he is transparent and the spell is cast upon him, the transparency is removed. This is the conflict, it has nothing to do with Wind Walk. His suggestion is using wind walk in order to AVOID this conflict, as you do not set the RGB to any other value through triggers ;)

Xonora

Reaction score
Okey, elaborating on Glenphir's idea (the same as I would use actually).

Make two abilities. One ability that your unit or hero has, that is based on Berserk, because it will not interrupt other actions. Set the duration to 0.27 (which is the lowest, 0.01 is the same duration) and cooldown, mana cost and all that to whatever you want.

Then make another spell, based on Evasion, change it to 100% and make it a unit ability (uncheck hero and item abilities).

After that (although this could count as a spell, it's really a spell book), create a Spell Book (it's an ability called Spell Book under items), change it to a unit ability (remove the item ability tag) and set the max and min amount of spells to 1. Then add your newly made custom Evasion to it as the only spell. Remove the other ones.

Alright, now we're going to triggering, create a new trigger;

Trigger:
  • Evasion Setup
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Pick Every Player in (All Players) and do actions,
        • Game - Disable Evasion Spell Book for (Picked Player)

Okey, so that is the first trigger, it will make it so that the icon of the spell book will not show. The action itself is located in Game (could be Player as well) and called Disable Ability for Player (or something along those lines).

So, second trigger, here we come (this is the actual trigger that makes the evasion happen).
Trigger:
  • Evasion Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Starts the effect of an Ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being Cast equal to (Evasion (Temporary)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Evasion Spell Book to Triggering Unit
      • Wait 0.5 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Evasion Spell Book from Triggering Unit

Okey, Adding and Removing abilities are under Unit, and Wait is at the top of the triggers. It is MUI (so many units can cast it at the same time without it bugging) because Triggering Unit 'survives' waits.

Completely freehanded, so ask tell me if something is wrong and I'll clrarify. Also, what condition is Ability Being Cast (the exact one)?

This was very well explained! Couldn't put it better myself. :)

black.sheep

Reaction score
Base the spell on Berserk with 0.01 seconds duration. Add a 100% evasion ability inside a spell book. By using triggers, add the spell book to the caster when the base Berserk spell is used. After 0.5 seconds, remove the spell book.

Acturally Berserk with -1.00 damage reduction will block all damage the user would take.
Although if you wanna be picky and make it so the target can still take damage from spells...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.