2 Helps!! Text/Change Name

Levdragon

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering how to change a players name when in game but with their original name still in-tact for example if the race the player chose was {Human} the player's name would change into |Levdragon {Human}.| Also how would I make it so every 60 seconds text appears for all to see reading the regions controled eg. |Levdragon {Human}| controls A1,A2,B1. Something like that. Or after this Event takes place.

Unit-A unit dies
Condition (No need to state I think?? Tell me if you need them for you to be able to help.)
Actions-Unit-Create 1 A1 for Owner of (Killing Unit) at position of Dying Unit.

And after the unit is replaced how would i do make it say Levdragon {Human} has captured A1, or whichever player has captured it i.e FourmHelper {Undead} has captured A1.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Umm here.
Code:
Name Change
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Set name of (Picked player) to ((Name of (Picked player)) + (Race))
Code:
AI Spawn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + Has captured Loc)
Not 100% sure how you would get the race of the player, gl on that.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
To get the race you can either Jass it, I think, or you can set a primary hero, building, or w/e, to a variable. Then, just check who has that defining thing.

Taishaku

Reaction score
You can use Player - Set Name. Use Convert Unit-Type to String, I guess, with another trigger taking the player's name changed to a unit-type without the race, then adding a string to the end that is his race... I'm thinking two GUI triggers or one long one.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Code:
Name Change
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Custom Script: if GetPlayerRace(GetEnumPlayer()) == RACE_HUMAN then
                Custom Script: set udg_s = "{Human}"
                Custom Script: elseif GetPlayerRace(GetEnumPlayer()) == RACE_ORC then
                Custom Script: set udg_s = "{Orc}"
                Custom Script: elseif GetPlayerRace(GetEnumPlayer()) == RACE_NIGHTELF then
                Custom Script: set udg_s = "{Night Elf}"
                Custom Script: elseif GetPlayerRace(GetEnumPlayer()) == RACE_UNDEAD then
                Custom Script: set udg_s = "{Undead}"
                Custom Script: endif
                Player - Set name of (Picked player) to ((Name of (Picked player)) +" " + s)

s is a string variable created in the variable editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.