2 Minor Problems!

Hot

Reaction score
1# I have this ability when u activate it u get increased attack speed and movment speed and u will be able to walk thru units.

I tried to add "Ghost (Visible) to the caster but it didnt work, i havent modify the ability.

Trigger:
  • Shadow Paws
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Paw's
    • Actions
      • Set SP_unit = (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for SP_unit) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start SP_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 12.00 seconds
          • Set SP_Timer = (Last started timer)
          • Animation - Change SP_unit's vertex coloring to (10.00%, 10.00%, 10.00%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Unit - Add Ghost (Visible) to SP_unit
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for SP_unit) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start SP_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 14.00 seconds
          • Animation - Change SP_unit's vertex coloring to (10.00%, 10.00%, 10.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for SP_unit) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start SP_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 16.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Shadow Paws Timer
    • Events
      • Time - SP_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change SP_unit's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Remove Ghost (Visible) from SP_unit
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: !

SP_Unit = Unit varriable
SP_Timer = Timer Varriable

2# When i change the values in an ability like damagde and such my tool tip wont "Update" showing the wrong values how can i fix?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. Why not just remove the collision with triggers ? :eek:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Turn collision for SP_Unit Off

2. Just change the values yourself ? :eek:
It's not that hard :p

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why removing collision with triggers can be harmful

Depending on what your trying to do, using Unit - Turn collision for <Unit> Off could have unintended side effects. What I've learned from screwing around with the editor is that using that trigger will cause the unit to completely ignore collision. As in, having Footmen walk off cliffs, and down rivers. The only thing I can think of that would remove collision with other units, but still things like trees and buildings, is to use Wind Walk with a transition time greater than the spell's duration. I have not personally tested that, but if I understand correctly that's how the Phase Boots from DotA work. The only caveat would be that if the unit casts another spell, the collisionlessness :)confused:) wears off.

Hope that helps! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.