2 Questions: About Hero Glow and About Model Crashing

xigon

Reaction score
In my new map, my fifth race, the naga, I want to make some custom unit. Both question can linked.

First, how do we add hero glow to a normal unit. I want to add the glow to my new hero, a Naga Royal Guard.

Second, whenever I import a model that I save in a MDX format, I put the model on a unit, when I add the unit in the editor(on the map), a small message appears saying that the importing of the model failed and the unit is a checkered green-black box. How do I do.

Note: I have many(almost all) needed program to model edit and also Gimp.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
1- just make a hero and set the model to myrmidon, your myrmidon royal guard will then have it.

2- Go on WC3 model editor and import a MDX format to change it to the only format wc3 uses for model (dun't remember well, not on the right cpu right now.). There are some tutorials arround here, try using search!

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I know nothing about custom models, but I think I recall that there are usually multiple files you have to import for a custom model.

Zaraf

Reaction score
First of all, for the hero glow, I managed to add it to my units in my map by importing a hero glow model and having an ability (which I could then give to whatever unit I wanted a hero glow on). I've looked around for where I got that from, but I can't find it :(

Ignore that "Model cannot be loaded" thingy that appears. When you run the game, the model should be working. Not all models require multiple files.

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could either get the glow model file. And attach it as a special effect through like a disabled ability or something like that.

Or you can edit the naga model file.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
The hero glow, just download the HeroGlowOrigin.mdx. And I think you know how to attach it to your hero, right ?

The second thing, have you tried: Import the files, Save the map, close it and re-load it. And like Zaraf said, Not all models require multiple files, your model should work.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
for hero glow download a hero glow model and base an ability of off like armor bonus(+1) then set teh bonus to 0 (duh) and amke teh target attachment point the oprigin and make teh attachment model the hero glow. give it to you hero as a unit ability and viola.

for teh custom models do as tom_kaszansky said. save you map then quit out of the editor and reopen it. if thsi doesnt work your model probably doesnt work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.