Crime 911 Operator Laughs When Man Reports Girlfriend on Fire

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - After a freak accident on the way to Chiva Falls left Lalo Delgado's car and girlfriend on fire, he called 911 for help but was shocked by the unprofessional manner in which the call was handled. "Her initial reaction was laugh and giggle in the background," said Delgado. "It was very disturbing."

Here's the transcript:

911: 911 what is your emergency?
Caller: My car just kinda caught on fire, my girlfriend caught on fire.
911: Is your girlfriend still on fire?
Caller: No.
911: No? (laughter in background)
911: Ok. (chuckles) Umm... Is your vehicle still on fire?
Caller:It's hilarious huh?
911: Sir, is your vehicle still on fire?
Caller: I just heard you smirk... Inaudible.
911: Ok, sir it wasn't regarding that ok.
Caller: Yeah, I just heard you laugh.

Last edited:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
If I was in her situation I would have laughed so hard I collapsed. At least she tried to continue helping him.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Then you'd get fired just as surely as she will. You have to be good at your job to keep it.

Very true. Even though I myself didn't find the call all too funny myself, and even if the operator was telling the truth saying she was laughing at something else, once you got a call you gotta be focused ON THAT CALL.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm why even argue with the operator? When every seconds are important?
You got me. Food for thought, I'm starting to become curious to why waste time arguing with the operator with an emergency is at hand?

Maybe the caller got irked by the operator's laugh and focused his attention on the operator. Maybe the girlfriend's situation isn't as severe as we imagined.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It is a pretty dumb incident. It's good to know they're going to investigate what the laughter is about, that's a great use of police resources. Not a very big deal, the guy looks and seems to be a dick, end of story. Why is he calling 911 because his car caught on fire? It doesn't seem he needed any immediate medical attention, and because your car catching on fire is not the police force's problem.

Varine

Reaction score
Obviously she did not, if she wasn't on fire anymore. It was a non-emergency to the extent that he was more pre-occupied with her and other staff members chuckles than getting an ambulance. A long road is relative, that may well have referred to them having to walk home because he had a lemon that caught on fire.

Varine

Reaction score
Lost cause, might as well just put her out of her misery.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Imagine if you were surrounded with creepy evils. You might be a Lost cause yourself !
Right? Varine

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
You're saying maybe Varine is being posessed by a ghost?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.