9700 Pro: TV output not detecting

MnkyOf[-]ate

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I just bought a radeon 9700 pro and I sometimes use the TV output to watch movies in my family room.

I have used the TV output on this card once and it worked perfectly but now it doesnt work at all.

I use the S-Video adapter to connect the S-Video on my vid card to the video input on my VCR.

Usually when I reboot the machine with the tv output hooked up it will display the POST and windows loading screen through the TV then the screen goes black until I enable the TV output in the display properties.

but I am not getting any display at all through this video card, the screen remains black. (even if I use force detect)

when I hookup the adapter to my VCR normally the button to enable the TV output is shaded red, but right now it is shaded grey and it indicates that there is nothing connected (the connected with the red X through it in the tv output window)

can anybody suggest anything?

:(

9700trouble.jpg
9700proadapter.jpg

I tested continuity between the pins on my adapter cable, and compared them to the continuity from another S-Video - composite tv out adapter and this is what I found...

So is this probably the wrong cable?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.