A Goblin Land Mine Spell

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
I've been trying to make a spell in which a unit places a a goblin land mine onto the ground. I used a custom statis trap ability to do this. When the ability is used, a mine is placed onto the ground.

Here's my problem:

I made the stun duration 0 and I increased the damage of the mine by more than any unit's health. However, when a unit walks over the mine, for some reason the unit isn't damage and it becomes stunned.

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Make it using a spell like blizzard and get rid of all animation and damage, and set duration/casting time to 1, then make

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast is equal to Mine
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 goblin land mine for owner of triggering unit at target point of spell being cast

Then just use the normal trigger for detecting if a unit gets near it.

Kuberr24

Reaction score
There already is a "make a goblin land mine" ability preset to work. just change "item ability" to false, so it become a unit ability, and add a mana cost/Cooldown.

naamloosr.jpg

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
You didnt use what Kuberr24 said. You still used Statis Trap instead of Goblin Land Mines.

Kuberr24

Reaction score
land mines need 2 abilities:

land mine - exploding
land mine aeo upon death

and the second ability needs to have targets. if the targets are wrong, it will detonate but deal no dmg because the unit is illegal.

asipo

Reaction score
hahah, maybe because the AOE of the mines is too short... thus out of radius to receive damage

SkateuUp

Reaction score
hahah, maybe because the AOE of the mines is too short... thus out of radius to receive damage
Nope not if the unit is still getting stunned. Ignore this.
land mines need 2 abilities:

land mine - exploding
land mine aeo upon death

and the second ability needs to have targets. if the targets are wrong, it will detonate but deal no dmg because the unit is illegal.
Sounds Good. I have no idea why a normal mine ability would not work. Check targets like above. also army's trigger would work if you just add a timer to the dummy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.