A leak that can't be fixed???

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
I was trying to use this code and I read that groups leak so I fixed that, but i've also got a location in the group that doesn't seem to have a fix for it, do locations in groups leak?

Code:
slideOnOil
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set tempPosUnitMatching = (Position of (Matching unit))
        Set tempUnitGroupOnTerrainAbbys = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Outland - Abyss) and (((Matching unit) is Summoned) Equal to False)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempUnitGroupOnTerrainAbbys and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: is on abyss
                Set tempPosUnitPicked = (Position of (Matching unit))
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 3.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees), facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_tempPosUnitPicked )
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_tempPosUnitMatching )
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup ( udg_tempUnitGroupOnTerrainAbbys )

As you can see I'm not actually using tempPosUnitMatching, it's just there, when I do use it in tempUnitGroupOnTerrainAbbys for
Code:
tempUnitGroupOnTerrainAbbys = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (Terrain type at tempPosUnitMatching)
It doesn't work, now I've just noticed there are two leaks in that code, is there anyway to get rid of them?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:

There's no Matching Unit.

Code:
Set tempUnitGroupOnTerrainAbbys = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Outland - Abyss) and (((Matching unit) is Summoned) Equal to False)))

You have a point leak there.

Code:

Again, there's no Matching Unit.

Code:

Now, if you set this and don't change it in the loop, don't remove it in the loop.
You can use it multiple times without leaking if you just don't change it.
Then remove the leak at the end of the trigger.

Does that answer your question, or did I misunderstand something? :D

Reaction score
I suppose the solution is to stop using "units ... matching". Simply set the group to all units in playable map area, then put the condition in the "Loop - Actions".

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Code:

There's no Matching Unit.

Oh so it doesn't call a variable leading to another one?

Code:

You have a point leak there.

Lol yeah, I noticed that as I was posting thus, "now I've just noticed there are two leaks in that code" and I think there was another one somewhere, *sigh* would be much easier if WE could sort it self out and do it automatically.

Code:

Again, there's no Matching Unit.

Code:

Now, if you set this and don't change it in the loop, don't remove it in the loop.
You can use it multiple times without leaking if you just don't change it.
Then remove the leak at the end of the trigger.

Oh yeah, I see. Thanks.

And thanks TheDamien I'll try that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.