A) Need ideas B) Aura does not give buff

dashival

Reaction score
In my map, two players design mazes, while eight others play the mazes. At the start, these players usually end up waiting up to 5 minutes before they can play any mazes, as it takes this long to make one. I need some ideas for how to occupy these eight players at the start of the game, while the two designers are busy making mazes. I need something like an arena or something, where players aren't too engaged in it, but it is something to do until the game starts.

Also, I have this ability based off Brilliance Aura. I want it to only give the buff to the hero that has the ability. How do I do that? I set the targets allowed to Self, but the hero doesn't get the buff.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Q1. mini-games?

Q2. Why doesnt it work? I always do that. Nothing wrong happens

T

team.ism

In response to your questions about Brilliance Aura; have you tried to change it's Stats - Area of Effect field to a value of 100? Try that and see if it works. If it is set to a low number then only you should get it because others will always be too far away. For assurance, set it to your unit's collision size.

dashival

Reaction score
lh2705 said:
Q1. mini-games?
That would make the players TOO interested, and they would want to play the mini-games instead of the designers' mazes.
lh2705 said:
Q2. Why doesnt it work? I always do that. Nothing wrong happens
Is 'Self' as the only target allowed correct?

team.ism said:
In response to your questions about Brilliance Aura; have you tried to change it's Stats - Area of Effect field to a value of 100? Try that and see if it works. If it is set to a low number then only you should get it because others will always be too far away. For assurance, set it to your unit's collision size.
Its collision size is .01, so maybe set it to .02? :) But, I think the issue is my Targets Allowed..

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
well i always use an AoE of 1
using targets allowed - Self

and it works
not sure about the collision size
why do you use such a small collision size?

dashival

Reaction score
Its a maze map, so a tiny collision size lets players go on the same path. But, I'll try increasing the collision size, to see if that's the problem.

Edit: Collision size at 20 with an AoE of 1 did not work.

Darox

Reaction score
An Aoe of 1 and Targets Self should work, provided the hero has mana.

As for the Minigame, how about a small game of Tag. One person is It and has to tag the other players to make them It. Simple. =P

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.