A New Fishing Sim Concept WIP

TheSNGuy

Reaction score
The concept for this fishing sim is slightly more advanced than current ones like Go Fish

To begin with, all the fish are hero units with intelligence strength and agility that literally swim through the water and can be seen depending on the depth of the water they are in.

When you cast out it creates a lure unit in the water that can be reeled in. If a fish enters the vicinity of this lure there is a chance it will get either hooked or spooked and run away based on the ratio of the fishermans intelligence to the fish's intelligence.

Once hooked, line tension comes into play. Line tension is represented using your mana pool. Whenever you reel in or the fish tugs the tension increases, otherwise it quickly drops. If the tension gets to high or too low there is a chance to lose the fish.

When you reel in it uses some of your stamina (health). If you run out of stamina the fish escapes.

Whenever a fish pulls it uses up an amount of the fishes stamina (health) depending on the amount of pull. Different types of fish tend to fight differently and strength increases the amount of stamina (health) a fish possesses. When a fish runs out of stamina health you've caught it.

My current plan is to develop the engine using a simple single player game then convert it eventually to a massive multiplayer fishing tournament game.

The engine I would provide unlocked to encourage other gamers while the multiplayer final version would probably be locked to discourage unsportsmanlike tampering for online games.

EDIT:
P.S. I'm looking for people to help designing the engine/game as a team. Give me a PM if you're interested.
Suggestions are welcome, I'm still thinking of a way to utilize agility for both the fish and the fisherman

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.