a problem with multi casting

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i tried creating a trigger which adds a dummy spell to make the unit cast it multiple times (has 1 seconds beetwen each cast) - this spell doesn't cost mana or has cooldown and it's based on BlackArrow.

the unit cast the spell once but for some reason it stops there and won't multi cast and just waits till it's gone.

here is the part which makes it cast:
JASS:
      exitwhen(i > level * 5)
         call IssueTargetOrder(u,"blackarrow",FirstOfGroup(g))
         call TriggerSleepAction(0.5)
         set i = i+1 
    endloop

also missle speed is 1500 and the unit TimeScale is 5 so it should be very quick casting....

thanks in advance for any helper

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Maybe reset cooldown as there is a "usage" time which may disable multicast? The easiest (but less efficient) method would be to create X caster and order them to cast the spell.

And TriggerSleepAction is rather unreliable as it's min wait-amount is not 0. So I'd suggest using a timer instead.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Well everything seems ok in this piece of code...
Mind posting the whole trigger?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
k now i tried it with dummies and they won't shoot at all:
JASS:
    loop
      exitwhen(i > level * 5)
         set dummy = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(u),'h000',x,y,0)
         call SetUnitVertexColor(dummy,255,255,255,PercentTo255(0))
         call UnitAddAbility(dummy,'A001')
         call IssueTargetOrder(dummy,"blackarrow",FirstOfGroup(g))
         call SetUnitAnimation(u,"attack")
         call TriggerSleepAction(1)
         if(i!=1)then
         call RemoveUnit(dummy)
         endif
         set i = i+1 
    endloop

i added this (i != 1) condition to try casting it manually but the dummy just won't do it why can't it just make the damn spell?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Try issuing the blackarrowon order, then issue an attack order?

Does the dummy unit have it's attack enabled? Does it even have any damage (I think you need at least 1 damage dice, and 1 side per die to actually have an attack)? Is the Combat - Backswing time low enough for the full attack to be completed before your TriggerSleepAction ends?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
oh right i disabled it's attack now i remember why i used it on the unit from the first place cause i wanted it to be attack based skill
so i guess i need to go back to my old one and see why it won't multicast (is there mabye some unknown cooldown beyond the ability itself mabye?)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
(is there mabye some unknown cooldown beyond the ability itself mabye?)

Combat - Backswing and Combat - Damage Point can limit the attack speed of a unit, set them both to 0.000, and you should be clear of anything that's slowing down the dummy's attack (I'm not sure what damage point does, but may as well make it 0 anyway :p)

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Check how many times the loop is running. (call BJDebugMsg("!"))
Check if the dummies are being created. (Add a model to them)
Check if the order is really issued. (Check unit current order)

If all work fine then the problem must be in the ability or in the trigger. Try to make them cast another ability.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
it's the ability itself i think once i cast it i just can't cast another time - the spell is just paused and unable to be used (not cooldown)

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense...
Have you tried the steps above (including the 4th one)?
You did try creating different dummies and it didn't help either, so that couldn't be the reason...

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
dummy doesn't matter anymore it can't help my goal anyway.

>Check how many times the loop is running. (call BJDebugMsg("!"))
5 times - it's a basic loops which reaches until the level * 5 (in this case 1 * 5)

>Check if the order is really issued. (Check unit current order)
checked and it is (as i said one time then nothing)

anyway i tried to do some stuff myself and it worked somehow - well it casted more the once but it still had a delay beetwen casts - i tried to do some other stuff and now it's back to one hit so im gonna try again and see what i did (edit in some minutes for results)

Edit: k so i think i solved my problem (i dunno realy how) but when i lowered the cooldown of the Hero and it made it shoot faster and somehow work
the only problem with setting a low cooldown is that it affects on the units normal attack to become faster and that's not part of my skill....
is there a way to make it faster without this cooldown?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you got it working even if my help didn't seem to do much. :p
As for your second question, you said you increased that attack rate of the hero, is correct? And your problem with that is that now he attacks too quickly?
If I understood you probably, the best way to manage would be to decrease damage and attack animation time, that way it would seem he attack slowly.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
yes but i don't want the spell to effect my normal attack or anything outside of the spell
if i base it of some other spell would it be able to work fast without the part of the attack Cooldown?

Tukki

is Skeleton Pirate.
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe there's some kind of "duration" value that needs to be set to 0.01?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
my attack - Cooldown is already equal to 0 and it attacks super fast but the point is that this thing is a constant value which cannot be changed by trigger and makes my attack be faster as well

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
i don't think u understood my current problem:
im looking for a spell which could be casted fast without being depended on the normal unit attack
oh and if u can also make it attack based damage spell

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.