A Strange Bug :|

Septimus

Reaction score
Dude, try set the file name of the map real long. I can guarantee the map won't be shown inside warcraft 3.

Sometimes this situation can occur when the files name of the map too long.

When we create a map, there is a restriction of the the length of the map title. For example, max 40 words for the map title. If at the files name we put it longer than 40 words, sometimes it might not shown at warcraft 3 map folder.

Coolio

Reaction score
The file name of the map means nothing, it is the internal name that is displayed in WC3

PS. THis is real weird, I didn't rename yopur map or anything and I am able to see it in my WC3 single player.

Pss. I am also able to see it on battlenet. Just the plane file you uploaded.

it means alot!!!!!

thank you septimusss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
instead of renameing it, why dont you just try launching and see if it appears in yours, as I did and it appears in mine no problim with out it beining renamed.

Colio what is your b-net user name?

Septimus

Reaction score
Sometimes warcraft can't support a file with a long name...
For example, when you go to battlenet and click at a room created by somebody which you don't had the map. It might shown Blablabla version 1.0 and etc etc, if the file name long...

Sigh*, i don't know how to explain it.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
instead of renameing it, why dont you just try launching and see if it appears in yours, as I did and it appears in mine no problim with out it beining renamed.
Wider computer screen so it can show longer names, maybe?

Ive never had a problem with it not showing maps with too long names.. But apparently it can happen. Try putting a map with the name "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in the map folder and see if you can see it, I sure couldn't, anyways.

Dameon

Reaction score
Hmmm one thing escaped me on this, what form of OS do you guys have, cause as I said, his map shows up on mine with out it needing to be rename, I had it in the following folder, C:\Games\Warcraft III\Maps\Development.

I am on xp and I xp suports longer path names.

PS. only have a 17 inch monitor, I want a new one :-(

Hmm I might want to rename my map if people are going to have trouble with lone names.

coolio you might just want to use this as a file name

GeoRPG(T-V.1)

It is your file name but abreveated. Cuts 13 letters off.

Dameon

Reaction score
Wider computer screen so it can show longer names, maybe?

Ive never had a problem with it not showing maps with too long names.. But apparently it can happen. Try putting a map with the name "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in the map folder and see if you can see it, I sure couldn't, anyways.

I was able to see it up untill 35 a's.

Coolio you should give setius + rep, well I am, lol didn't know about file name and now I do, how dare you teach me something before noon lol

Septimus

Reaction score
Different computer could give different support regarding about it. (My though)

It doesn't matter if he did't give me reputation at all, I don't care about the reputation. Reputation is just a reputation, the main function of this forum is not to get reputation but to get help and to help people back.

Cause if you meet a jackass, they might purposly give you a negative reputation for no reason. If you look at my reputation, you would notice it had -2 reputation from some dummy who give it at purpose.

THIS IS FORUM, THIS FORUM IS TO HELP EACH COMMUNITY MEMBER... THIS IS .... (LOOK AT MY AVATAR) :p

Sorry, too addict to 300 lately.. lol

Dameon

Reaction score
Also when he quated me and thanked you, when he said it means a lot, we was talking to me cause I said it means nothing lol.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you say you have Warcraft 3 installed on D drive, I believe that most people have it installed on the C drive. Maybe you should try re-installing it on the C drive.

Just an idea.

Dameon

Reaction score
When you say you have Warcraft 3 installed on D drive, I believe that most people have it installed on the C drive. Maybe you should try re-installing it on the C drive.

Just an idea.

On some lap tops and computers (mostly dells) c drive is a restore drive.

Reaction score
Maps with long names show up fine on mine. Maybe it has something to do with the non-English versions?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.