Set the abiltiy field cooldown to how long you want it to be

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
well you could let him use it on a dummy unit to trigger the cooldown

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The problem with Sharkbait's idea of firing it off on creation is disruption, both to the unit itself and the fact that a player could disrupt the cast.

This is a tricky one.

I suppose that the smoothest way would be, you could BS the cooldown display and then swap the ability out with the actual one:

-Give the unit an instant cast ability (such as the neutral hostile ability 'frenzy'), adjust the fields so that the ability does nothing when cast, and set its cooldown to what you want the initial cooldown to be.
-On unit creation, order the unit to cast this ability. Then, set up a timing system of some sort that will run an action on the unit after a duration equal to the cooldown of the ability.
-For this action, remove the bs instant ability from the unit and replace it with the actual ability.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Well let teh upgrade decreace the dummy abiltiy cooldown too

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I thought upgrades that change cooldown don't take effect until after it is done cooling down. I have abilities on my map whose cooldown decreases with level but when I increase their level after casting the ability it doesn't cooldown any faster.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.