About leaking...

KooH

Reaction score
I red a tutorial about memory leaks, and realized that i have to make temporary group/location/etc in order to prevent leaks. But, that means do i have to use different TEMP variable for each different triggers? such as Temp_loc1, Temp_loc2, and so on.. or can i use Temp_loc1 in multiple triggers..? I'm not too sure about this because, since you remove the location...is it reusable or no?

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
You can use it in multiple triggers, as long as you set it in each of those. Because if you clear it at the end of a trigger, it is blank, so you will need to re-assign the variable to something in each trigger or you will just have a blank variable.

KooH

Reaction score
Oww.. nice... i should've asked this earlier... I've been using Temp1,2,3..and so on.. haha.. Anyways Thank you to both! :)

KooH

Reaction score
WAIT... What if... say 2 heroes who use a skill that contains same TEMP variable.. wouldn't that overlap each other?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
if you are new to learning triggers and such.. i would recommend not wasting ur time on this, and just go right to vjass... after you learn this, you have to learn how to make things MUI..

edit: shura beat me to it..

KooH

Reaction score
Eh.. Yeah.. I'm pretty noob/new to World editor. yes.

Would you mind if i ask you what MUI is? I think i know what GUI is... isn't it the normal Warcraft trigger maker thing?

edit: and vjass.. haha sorry.

Shura

Reaction score
MUI basically just refers to whether or not two units can cast the ability at the same time without any problems. If the ability is MUI, then cleaning leaks with the same variable will be fine.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
if Unit 1 uses a skill, can Unit 2 also use that same skill at the same time? if yes, then it's MUI, if not, then it's not MUI..

pretty much any skill that is triggered in GUI, if it uses variales or waits, will not be MUI, unless the variables have arrays in it..

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I think he seriously should include the new Hashtable knowledge in that tutorial.
"MUI is nearly impossible in GUI" LIES! Using just (Triggering Unit) and a couple of Hashtables, you can make many MUI GUI spells/triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.