Additional "dungeon-maps" during singleplayers/campaign

Nappe

Reaction score
I was just interested of the fact that the Rexxar campaign used some sort of system that allowed people to hop between different maps when entering to some point of map (such as that kobold cave). That would be much easier so you didn't have to do triggers to change weather, fog color and such for player when he enters a cave and you wouldnt have to make some additional position for it in the border of the map.

So I would like to ask is it easy to make that kind of additional maps in a singleplayer map, and how? And I can only do GUI, not JASS (yet at least).

Randor244

Reaction score
If I'm not totally wrong these are separate maps, the hero transfer is made using hero cache.

So it's not the easiest thing to make, though not the hardest either.

Nappe

Reaction score
If I'm not totally wrong these are separate maps, the hero transfer is made using hero cache.

So it's not the easiest thing to make, though not the hardest either.

I was aware of the fact it requires another map, and thought it would have something to do with caches, but I have absolutely no idea how to trigger it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
butcher out the blizzard campaing. Maps are unprotected, learn from it. I saw such a system in Exide's campaing. Maybe ask him and hope he helps?

Nappe

Reaction score
butcher out the blizzard campaing. Maps are unprotected, learn from it. I saw such a system in Exide's campaing. Maybe ask him and hope he helps?

I haven't actually never taken a look at Blizzards campaigns, how are those actually openable and where to find them?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.