AI & cooldowns

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Before I can teach my AI to use the custom hero abilities, I need some way to work with cooldowns. I think that none of what I search for can be done, but still, I hope it can, so I better ask so I wouldn't do a lot of unnecessary work.

What would help me:

1) A way to know whether a given ability is ready to be used, e.g. it's not currently on a cooldown.

2) Alternatively, I can work around the (1) with timers. But for that, I need a way to get the cooldowns for given abilities on given levels - in triggers.

The only other way I can think of is setting up the cooldowns manually, like reading them from the Object Editor one by one and saving them to some variable, then catch any ability casts and run proper timers - but obviously, I don't want to do that :)

But as I said, I think I'll have to. Still, if some of those two things can be done or if someone has got a better idea of how to easily check whether a given ability of a given hero is ready to be cast, I'm all ears.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
well if you order it to cast when the spell is on cooldown nothing wrong will happen so you could just try to cast every one minute or something or you could simply use abilitys with auto cast

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.