AI Question

Z

Zyrixion

I've been lazily working on a survival map for a bit, and have hit the wall of not knowing a good/reliable way to have hordes of creeps hunt down players. It's not hard to get them to hunt a fixed player down, as in when they spawn set them to hunt the nearest player, but say they die or run behind other players- the creeps shouldn't mindlessly stand around or try to get to the one guy while ignoring the other players. I can't think of a way to do this....any help/suggestions would be wonderful.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
well i'll sugest that you use triggers, then you create a trigger that makes all units controled by (the owner of your zombies) attack move to location of a nearby enemy unit....

maybe make it do so, every 1 minut...

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Add the units to a group.

Every 5 seconds, check every unit in and if the picked unit's current order is "" (this means it has no order) than give it a new order. There are multiple optimizations which can be made, for example a limit on the loop.

averes

Reaction score
An AI such as this isn't to hard to make. If you can tell me exactly what you want the hunter to, such as things to do in certain situations if 2 players are nearby etc etc I can make it for you pretty easily.

Z

Zyrixion

Thanks all. I think I know how to do this now. And thanks for offering, but I'd rather do it myself for the learning experience. I need the practice, especially since this is to be a map released to the public...I want to be able to support and improve it, and every bit of knowledge helps. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.